The Sweeper is designed as a compact street sweeper presumably for the purpose of cleaning inner city roadways. While found park in certain locations, the Sweeper is not actually seen on the streets performing its duties, nor does it have special functions such as the ability to clean streets (even its lightbar is non-functional). The Sweeper is one of the three vehicles bearing the logo of San Andreas' sanitation company "Sanitary Andreas", the other two being the Utility Van and the Trashmaster.
The Sweeper is the second slowest vehicle in the game, the Mower being the slowest, possessing very poor speed and acceleration, as well as fairing badly in cornering due to its light body, oversensitive steering and a high center of gravity that makes rollovers more frequent on the Sweeper.
It has what appear to be strobe lights on the top of the cab, similar to Police cars, ambulances and fire trucks, but they don't turn on when the horn button is pressed, like with those other vehicles.
Despite pictures of a lowrider version circulating the internet, the Sweeper cannot be modified.
- The Sweeper plays the radio station Playback FM by default when entered.
- It has a unique horn.
- It can ram into police vehicles without attaining a wanted level (This does not always happen).
- Under the overpass near Unity Station in Los Santos.
- Near the beach in Playa del Seville in Los Santos.
- Next to a storage building in Spinybed (sometimes locked), Las Venturas.