Rear quarter view; Without side doors)|
A Swift with side doors in The Ballad of Gay Tony, available only in specific missions.
|Appearance(s)||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
|Vehicle type||Civilian/commercial aircraft|
|Body style||4-door helicopter|
2 (pilot and passenger) (with side doors)|
4 (pilot and 3 passengers) (without side doors)
The official website of The Ballad of Gay Tony describes the Swift as "the preferred method of transport for Liberty City high-fliers", a "turbo-shaft powered" aircraft that "shuttles its precious cargo in speed and comfort". While larger than the Maverick, the Swift is, as implied, considerably speedier, with more powerful rotors and the ability to execute steeper rolls and pitches.
The design of the helicopter is seemingly a cross between the AgustaWestland AW109 and the Bell 222/230. The general design is from the AgustaWestland; the helicopter borrows the Bell's engine scoop design and the design for the end of its tail; the additional turbo intakes and the winglets seem inspired from the fictional attack helicopter Airwolf, an advanced stealth helicopter (which is also a modified Bell 222 for the 1984-1987 TV show of the same name).
- The Swift bears a "SANTO CAPRO" (roughly translates as "Holy Goat") livery with an emblem resembling a Sea Goat (Capricorn). The same emblem can be seen on Yusuf Amir's tracksuit jacket that he wears. Combined with the fact that he owns the helicopter, and wears the jacket, Santo Capro might be a company that the Amir estate runs.
- The Swift can be good vehicle if you want to get 100% completion for the mission "Bang Bang" on your first go. After destroying the crane, get it from the West River Helipad and use it get to the airport (after destroying the Liberty City Subway Train) instead of driving.
- The Swift is usually available at the west Algonquin helipad near the West River from the beginning of the game to the end of the game, however due to a glitch the helicopter may not always spawn. After the completion of the game, the Gold Buzzard will begin to spawn instead at the helipad.
- Swift with side doors closed (video tutorial):
- From the "Missions" menu on Luis' phone, choose the mission "Caught with your Pants Down" and meet Yusuf Amir at Star Junction. Get in his helicopter and fly to any GTA IV/TLAD/TBOGT safehouse and land the helicopter in the parking space. Immediately kill Amir and blow yourself up with a hand grenade. The mission will fail, spawning you at the hospital. The Swift will now be at that current safehouse available to use.
- Another Swift with side doors closed can be obtained by doing the club management mission featuring Bruce Spade. You can either complete the mission and keep the helicopter, or kill Bruce and fly away. Take to any of your safehouses to save. You can't, however, redo club missions after they are complete, so it's only available until all Club missions are done.
- Swift with side doors open (video tutorial):
- From the "missions" menu on Luis's phone, select the mission "...Blog This!" and meet Gay Tony at the helipad. Immediately kill Gay Tony first and then The Celebinator (killing The Celebinator first will fail the mission and Tony will fly away). The mission will fail and you will now have a Swift at your disposal. Save it at any parking space to keep it.
- Note: in the above cases, although technically you can park the Swift in any parking space, realistically it needs to be a parking space with sufficient room to not destroy the chopper or damage it (i.e. proximity to the building, power poles, trees, etc.). A good choice (as evidenced by the video walkthrough) is the Middle Park East Safehouse.