| This talk page is for discussing the Achievements in GTA IV article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
They should add Trophies to the title.--Black Artist 20:23, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- It's simpler like this. The majority of the platforms (two out of three) call it achievements, so simplicity says keep it like this. Every possible name that I could think of redirects back here (Trophies in GTA IV, PS3 Trophies in GTA IV, Trophies and Achievements in GTA IV, and more). If there is anything else you think should redirect back here, feel free to do so. Does everyone else agree with that? Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 06:07, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- I agree. The only other way of making it "fair" would be to invent a new term, such as "Awards" (which would cover both Achievements and Trophies); but this is not accurate to what it is really called, and it isn't what anyone would type in to find this information. "Achivements" is a decent compromise, and the redirects (from Trophies) should stop it being an issue. But if anyone has any better suggestions, please shout them out. Gboyers talk 06:13, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- Who cares wats fair and wats not. The PS3 is more powerful than PC and Xbox360 combined so it should still have tropies in the title, like "Achievments/Trophies in GTA IV" and not everything redirects here. Im not the best speller in the world and im not to good at spelling 'Achievments' so i just prefer to search trophies and that doesnt not direct me anywhere
In the Lost and Damned Trophies...
...there is a bit that says about knocking 69 bikers off their bikes in a race. Is this a single race or in total? Can someone clear this up. Thanx --LuisFernandoLopez 15:49, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think there are any races with 69 bikers in. It will be a total of 69 bikers in all of the races you've ever done. Gboyers talk 15:52, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
I cant get the "Let sleeping Rockstars lie" achiev,seriosly,meeting any ppl that are linked to Rockstar anyway is just chance of 1:10 mils.Or does it mean something else?
- It's now a "viral" achievement - meaning you have to kill either a Rockstar developer or someone who killed a Rockstar developer, or someone who killed someone, who killed someone... You know the drill. Also, it doesn't have to be a ranked match. I was luckily enough that my first kill in multi granted me this achievement. —Faalagorn☎/✓ 10:23, September 18, 2009 (UTC).
Is this done by finishing in 30 real hours, or 30 in-game hours? Sgt. S.S. 22:15, 29 October 2010 (BST)
- This means 30 real-life hours. I have updated the page to clarify it slightly. If it meant 30 in-game hours, that would be just one real-life hour, which is completely impossible. Gboyers 22:40, 29 October 2010 (BST)