| This talk page is for discussing the African Americans article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
Sorry for asking, but where did the name of M.O.B. and North Holland Hustlers come from? I never heard those names in the game, never saw it in police database and never heard about it from gangsters on the streets. M.O.B. and N.H.H. is the same gang for me, with the same members. Just African-American criminals, just like it was said in CW. --Orto Dogge 22:04, May 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Okay, North Holland Hustlers were mentioned in LCPD database in Jayvon Simson and Marlon Bridges dosiers. What about M.O.B.?Orto Dogge 22:32, May 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I was right. There is only one black gang in the city, according the game data files. There is no M.O.B. at all. Page. Gotta. Be. Deleted.Orto Dogge 15:57, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I can't agree with you... For example, Gambettis, Messinas, Pavanos etc. are different mobs, aren't they?
- But they all come from Italy. Or let's take GSF & Ballas (afro-american as N.H.H and M.O.B). Can they be united? Of course no. (AlSar)
- Families of Commission all mentioned in LCPD database. M.O.B. never was mentioned nowhere. This name doesn't even exist. They're just black criminals. --Orto Dogge 16:50, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree that it's questionable, but it's obvious that M.O.B and N.H.H is not the same gang. Instead of occupying neighbouring borougs, they control very distant ones.
- I never heard this name in game so the best variant may be to rename article to 'Firefly Projects Street Gang' or smth like this. (AlSar)
- They also spawn in Acter, Northwood, East Holland and North Holland. And in Firefly Projects as well. It's just African-American criminals. Not even Hustlers, because only two notable members of NHH were Marlon and Jayvon. We gotta think about this problem and the name of new article. --Orto Dogge 17:00, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, where the 'M.O.B.' name come from then? Somebody's thoughts? And this phrase depicted in the article?
BTW how you add your name and time after you posts? (AlSar)
- There is a button "Signature" above, homeboy.
Look at the history of the article and you will see, that everything started from little article from ONE user, who wrote about gang in Firefly Projects. Somebody found this gang and add info about cars, then weapons, then appearances, then about affiliations and then all GTA community start thinking, that M.O.B. is the real deal! This is insane. Nobody wanna check nothing. And everybody believe, that there are Torres Cartel, Leftwood Hispanic Street Gang, Jewish Mob and M.O.B. in the city. No one know, why Jamaican called Hillside Posse or why Alderney Mob called Pegorino Family. And everybody believe, that there is real Gunthugs MC Clubhouse in Tudor. Insanity. I can't believe that everybody so lazy, than can't check anythyng by himself. --Orto Dogge 17:12, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Tnx for showing signature, man. So this name is fake and all info is practically 'sucked from a finger'? LOL.
- You mean that I can suggest the name "AAGNAWHH" (African-American Gangsters Not Affiliated With Holland Husltlers) and it'll be considered as an official name later.
- GTW is not so exact that I thought before. Then article should be renamed, but not deleted. AlSar 17:24, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Ha-ha, comrade,I understood that you Russian after this "sucked from the finger"! No way other countries have this phrase too! Я тоже русский.)) Рад встретить земляка здесь, тем более настолько заинтересованного.)
M.O.B. as Money Over Bitches was joke of black gangs to disrespecting of real Italian mobsters. Of course everybody believed, that this is the really name, because it came straight from the hood. I think, we need the article about African-American criminals in LC and articles about gang of Clarence Little in East Holland, gang with Jermaine Andrews as a member in Firefly Projects, North Holland Hustlers and little black gang in Acter. --Orto Dogge 17:30, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I know that you're Russian. Это именно я писал про Раскалова, Петровича и ты мне даже сообщение слал. Ответ наконец прочитай!
- Closer to the article: I don't think that many pages will help. I suggest creating "Afro-American Gangs in GTA IV era" just like http://gta.wikia.com/Cosa_Nostra
- It should bear a link to NHH page and state some info about EHH and MOB, noting inofficiality of MOB's name AlSar 17:51, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Look at Jermaine Andrews file in the LCPD Database. It just called it "African-Americans in the Broker" or something. I'd check it out myself, but I don't have access to my PS3 right now. And the name "M.O.B." is said by some members of the gang ("What does M.O.B. stand for anyways?"), but it doesn't neccesarily mean that this is the gang's name. GTA: Chinatown Wars just calls the gang "African-Americans". -- Master Sima Yi 06:18, May 8, 2010 (UTC)
M.O.B. is just an abbreviation in black people community. And african-americans everywhere in the city can say this. So, may be I missed something, but what did you mean? Dosier of Jermaine says "African-American Street Gangs in Firefly Projects".--Orto Dogge 11:21, May 8, 2010 (UTC)
After playing online for a while I have found that the same models that appear in Firefly Projects, and Acter are the same ones used for the Jamaican Gang in Turf Wars. MOB was not a good name, and Firefly Projects Gang wasn't explanatory enough for both territories. The current name could redirect to either Jamaicans, or Jamaican Gang and could have a disambig message (not to be confused with the Hillside Posse which should remain.) --Gta-mysteries 07:57, June 18, 2010 (UTC)I
It's clear enough that they're Afro-Americans, that's why they can't be of Jamaican origin. Then, they don't have ties with Hillside Posse which would be logical Multiplayer models are not exact, just to represent gangstersAlSar 08:45, June 18, 2010 (UTC)
I'm not saying that multiplayer can be exact, but in this case it is. Look at the Russian Mafia. Same models, and the Jamaicans are for the ones you would find in Acter. At some point it was in the article but got erased. I'm not saying the Jamaicans in Alderney have connections with the Hillside Posse, just that they have similar names. --Gta-mysteries 22:10, June 18, 2010 (UTC)
Why not just name the article to "African Americans", like they are referenced to in GTA: Chinatown Wars? It is the only given name in any of the games. We shouldn't make one up ourselves when there already is one just because the given one is "unfitting" or whatever. -- Master Sima Yi 16:09, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
African Americans are an ethnicity, not a gang. The current name is fine. Cerebral plague 17:42, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I know African Americans is an ethnicity, but they are listed like that in the gang list. And your personal opinion is that the current name is fine, but it isn't a fact. The guys who hang out in North Holland, East Holland and Acter are the same guys as these. -- Master Sima Yi 08:11, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Could you show us where that is said? -- Master Sima Yi 08:43, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Could you show us a picture or something showing that? Because all I see is "African Americans". -- Master Sima Yi 08:50, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I think he is referring to "The Mob," I played all of the games thoroughly, and repeatedly. The African American gangsters in Chinatown Wars are just "African Americans," while the unspecified Italian criminal organization(I don't want to say mafia, because made men do not peddle drugs on the streets) are referred to as "The Mob." If you would just pay closer attention to details, you would notice that "The Mob" have common Italian names. Also, the only reference in the entire continuity of the current GTA4 universe to "M.O.B." is a random African American criminal saying "Does the B stand for Bullshit or Bitches?" D16x 08:53, July 5, 2010 (UTC)