Talk:Cheats in GTA IV
| This talk page is for discussing the Cheats in GTA IV article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
I love the graphics of the game, the story line is good. The thing is, there is no multiplayer like in San Andreas..and where is the jet pack? Also, where is Lola?? Shes on the cover and used to promote the game. I wish they would redo San Andreas for PS3 and use the graphics like they did in this one. I love Niko but I love my CJ also.
- Please use talk pages to discuss the subject articles, which for this is Cheats in GTA IV. This is not a forum, but we do have one at Forum:Index, where you can ask questions and post your opinions about the series. Also, please sign your posts on talk pages with four tildes (~). A-Dust 17:47, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
I think the gamer who posted the pawn price of the SuperGT was a bit wrong. I personally have pawned supergts in perfect condition and in that condition they sell for 11000. Whoever posted the 8000 dollar price must have first crashed it several times before pawning it.
I know that in past games that using cheats makes it impossible to receive 100%, however, all i've ever heard about cheats in GTA IV is that they block achievements. Well I have the PS3 version which doesn't support achievements anyway, so, is it possible to get 100% if I use cheats? I want to know because I want to start the main story again (I have beaten both the Deal and Revenge storylines) but this time I want to get 100%, if I can't I will try not to cheat. LOL. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 07:14, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
- I have started again, and I'm not using cheats. Even if it doesn't effect the 100%, Let me tell you, it feels good to know that I've gotten as far as I have in a honest way. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 03:49, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
Can these affect in the PS3 version as well? Captain Seven-Twenty 19:14, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
If you look on the cheats page (which links to the cheat pages for individual games), all pages except the one for GTA IV (this one) are in the format of GTA IV Cheats rather than Cheats in GTA IV. I think that there is a Consistency issue here. Thoughts? Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 09:04, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- You are mostly correct. Everything should be in the format X in Y. However, titles such as PlayStation 2 Cheats in GTA Liberty City Stories are massive, and anything we can do to shorten them is worth doing. Any suggestions? Gboyers talk 13:53, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- Wait, so your saying to move all the other pages to this format? In that case, Cheats in GTA Liberty City Stories (PS2) should be fine, as that's how they are already formatted (the (PS2) part at the end), or to shorten it dramatically Cheats in GTA LCS (PS2), but I strongly vote against that one as it has an in-obvious name and might be hard to find. My idea was just move this page to GTA IV Cheats for the consistency of the others (that's why I posted it here), but now I can see you point of the X in Y as things like Missions in GTA IV are like that. Well, does anyone like any of my ideas above? Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 23:07, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
to unlock Algonquin complete mission 30
to unlock aldernary complete the mission 'smackdown'
Hey, I've been using cheats since I already finished the main story months ago, so today I was having fun in good ol' Liberty City and I unlocked "Finish Him" How can that be possible if the health cheat blocks this achievement?
- Are you playing on the PS3? Because if you are, I think I've read somewhere that you can get the achievement after you've reloaded your save. HeadManiac 18:54, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
I have tested the Jetmax for the garage (spawn), and it gives a message that you can't sell this vehicle. - Redmess 14:09, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
Printer friendly cheat sheet
I made a plain txt cheat sheet for easy printing.
GTA 4, L&D, BGT:
482-555-0100 Restore health, armour and ammo, repair vehicle, advanced weapons
362-555-0100 Restore armour, repair vehicle
486-555-0100 Advanced weapons (Baseball Bat, Combat Pistol, Combat Shotgun, SMG, Carbine Rifle, Combat Sniper, RPG, Grenades)
486-555-0150 Poor weapons (Knife, Pistol, Pump Shotgun, Micro SMG, Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, RPG, Molotov Cocktail)
267-555-0100 Remove wanted level
267-555-0150 Raise wanted level with one star
468-555-0100 Change weather (8 types of weather)
359-555-0100 Spawn Annihilator (attack helicopter)
938-555-0100 Spawn jetmax (speedboat)
625-555-0100 Spawn NRG-900 (superbike)
625-555-0150 Spawn Sanchez (dirtbike)
227-555-0100 Spawn FIB Buffalo (sports sedan/police car)
227-555-0175 Spawn Comet (sports car)
227-555-0147 Spawn Turismo (supercar)
227-555-0142 Spawn Cognoscenti (luxury sedan/limousine)
227-555-0168 Spawn SuperGT (sports car)
948-555-0100 Song information (no cheat)
Any number Jump start broken down vehicle (no cheat)
245-555-0100 Innovation (chopper)
245-555-0125 Double T Custom (Asian bike)
245-555-0150 Hexer (motorcycle)
245-555-0199 Hakuchou Custom (sports bike)
826-555-0100 Slamvan (Lost van)
826-555-0150 Gang Burrito (Angels of Death van)
227-555-9666 Bullet GT (supercar)
272-555-8265 APC (tank)
276-555-2666 Luis throws explosive punches
359-555-2899 Buzzard (small attack helicopter
486-555-2526 Explosive sniper rounds
625-555-0200 Akuma (sports bike)
625-555-3273 Vader (sports bike)
938-555-0150 Floater (speedboat)
Can someone put this somewhere in the article? - Redmess 14:54, May 1, 2010 (UTC)
We should find and write the affects of each cheat. Deathsculler 15:22, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
And no, not achievements. Like glitches.