| This talk page is for discussing the Days of the Week article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
Expand & Cleanup
- I moved all the info from individual day pages here, and will have it cleaned up shortly.
- Any other events, things in GTA 4, TBOGT, TLATD, etc would be helpful.
- Not sure how images can be added here, aside form when you pull up the stats and see a tiny "Mon" in the lower corner under stats.
--NssJ 07:52, 7 October 2011 (BST)
Contents and Format
Compare Sunday vs Monday. I can't tell which looks cleaner. I like how Monday style gives specific links in table of contents, but if all 7 days do that, its gonna be a huge table. Whereas Sunday style, table of contents stays short and clean, but no idea whats under each day until looking at it specifically...
- 1.1 Sunday
- 1.2 Monday
- 1.2.1 Missions
- 1.2.2 Exports & Imports
- 1.2.3 Rare car sightings
Either works for me, I'm still getting used to headings and indents trying to make things look decent. Pick one, and I'll change them all to follow suit.
--NssJ 08:24, 7 October 2011 (BST)
- Traffic vehicles don't appear based on the days of week, they only appear based on time of day.--spaceeinstein 17:53, 8 October 2011 (BST)
The day of the week affects it as well. I have a chart in work for about 5 of 7 days, sitting in one car, in one location, and writing down everything that spawns each day throughout the day. Time does play a factor, like Mr. Whoopee seems to spawn almost daily at 8am, but some vehicles only showed up one day a week, some a few days, etc. Sit around Queens, San Fierro in a ZR-350, and you will only see a Slamvan on Sat/Sun, regardless time of day. Day of the week definitely plays a part in spawning too. I will put the chart up when finished. It doesn't show everything, but it shows everything a Perennial will spawn in Santa Maria Beach, LS over a week... --NssJ 04:03, 16 October 2011 (BST)
- This is pretty good! However, to be honest, it still looks quite messy and hard to read. A table might be more suitable, because you have the same 3 subheadings for each day. I've converted it, let me know if you think it's suitable. gboyers talk 05:32, 16 October 2011 (BST)
- I think the tables look a lot better. I've just been curious to find out, where is Sunday the first day of the week? --Andreaz1 11:14, 16 October 2011 (BST)
The table does look visually cleaner, however it seems to confine the info tightly, making rare vehicles section harder to read I think. I can shrink that section to just vehicle names and links, but I'd need to make sure the rest of the info is on, and stays on each vehicles page in locations section. The main point in all of this is to create an easy way to find any vehicle, without driving around for hours on end. Though each sentence is a bit lengthy, Driving X here on 1 day, gives a repeatable equation. I can drive around kings all day in a blade, but I'll probably never see a Slamvan... So I want to keep those specific details in at least one place. As long as you can keep a rollback history of this page, I'll double check all the vehicle pages, then chop the cramped wording here. As I find more info, I'm gonna try to make a clearer and formal standard for vehicle location sections. I'm just trying to keep as much info as possible available until i have a better way to display it.--NssJ 20:54, 16 October 2011 (BST)
- Also, I'm gonna have a bunch of dead links laying around with this format, I linked a lot of things to specific day subsections... so please correct them as you see them... thanks --NssJ 05:12, 17 October 2011 (BST)
7 day stakeout
I used a perennial for a few reasons. and the chart is out of the way on Perennial talk page. I plan to do this with other vehicles, and hopefully find a good pattern forming, find what where and when made easy. --NssJ 05:48, 20 October 2011 (BST)