Difference between revisions of "Talk:Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Gangs ==
== Gangs ==
Revision as of 05:26, 16 August 2009
| This talk page is for discussing the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
I have Second Edition of the PC version, how can I mod it. Can you please help me?-T-888
Why pictures of gangs: Military, Leone Family, Sindacco Family, Forelli Family, Russian Mafia are present on this page? They at all are not 'regular' gangs in game, they do not patrol streets, do not meet outside several missions. Their pictures in general are taken from other GTA games.JFFulcrum 19:45, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
- They are gangs in the game, which is why there are images for them, albeit some are from other games. A-Dust 20:19, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
Military - gang? They has been made as gang in GTA Vice City for some reasons (to protect army base territory), but in San Andreas they protect nothing. By this criterion even police just right to bring in 'gangs'.
- Just because they're considered in the game code to be a 'gang', which they're not on San Andreas (as far as i know), they still shouldn't be listed as a 'gang', because the vast majority of people viewing thie Wiki are only players of the game, and don't dig around in the code. So they'd just see the military as another form of law enforcement lol.
Ess-Tee 06:10, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- Late reply but the soldiers at the Fort Baxter air base are considered to be part of the "Streetwannabe's" gang and ONLY the ones in the base are called that. Every other soldiers in the entire series are not. The soldiers in the air base are exceptions and should be noted in the military/army article. All other soldiers are not even categorized as a gang in the game code at all in all GTAs except the ones specifically in the air base.--Spaceeinstein 07:09, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, but is that referred to in-game or no..? That isn't an attack, i haven't played GTA:SA in a LONG time, (with 80gb PS3's lack of backwards compatability and all).
Ess-Tee 15:22, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'll be removing the military from the list of gangs.--Spaceeinstein 18:52, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think it's necessary to completely remove them, but to maybe add a note to their picture/description could be ok? Such as "The Military is not a gang within the fictional GTA universe, but are referred to in the game code as a gang so they will protect blah blah blah..." Would something like that suit us?
They are not considered a gang in the game files in San Andreas, only the ones at Fort Baxter in Vice City and is noted in that article.--Spaceeinstein 17:17, 15 May 2009 (UTC)