| This talk page is for discussing the Pedestrian Dialogue article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
Before this topic falls into oblivion, I broke the first ground. Some lines are some kind of strange, so check them out, maybe some of the lines are wrong. Hope to see a lot more lines in the next days here, so everyone can enjoy them. Good idea, Chief of Staff! Zaibatsu 22:22, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
- Alright, exactly what I have in mind! Thanks! Good work as usual, Zaibatsu! ;D --Legion 23:14, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you very much, Legion (no longer Chief of Staff, sorry). But I have to say I don't like the structure of the Police Helicopter section because of the horizontal lines, it doesn't look very good I think Zaibatsu 13:15, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- LOL I am no longer Chief of Staff here, huh? :P Well anyway, about horizontal lines, I don't know about it. I'm not exactly decisive on style matters. :p I guess we can get others to offer their input on that particular issue. *shrugs* --Legion 13:54, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- Hey, it's me again! Do you want to separate this article into III, VC, SA, LCS & VCS? It would be a good idea. It's because you are creating some categories... Zaibatsu 16:29, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- Sure, if you want. Probably best to start with this article until we have sufficient content for a specific game to move into its own article under respective game's dialogue category. Those categories are just created to be ready in future whenever that time comes. It's like Dark fiber. It don't get used until we get to the point where we need to use it now. ;D --Legion 17:46, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
I have been working and added a bunch of quotes from VCS (Vic's lines specifically), GTA3 needs a bunch to be done, it has only been started by someone, but I'm not an expert with it so someone who has been playing the game a lot can expand it. --GTA 4 PC 16:31, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
- I'll take care of that. After playing the game since it came out, most of it is stuck in my memory.
Needs to be separated
Eventually, this article needs to be separated. Tommy alone has over 1000 lines of dialogue. I'm currently trying to compile all the dialogue made by peds in VC. It's an extremely tedious job and I have done like 100 out of over 5000 lines said by the peds. I'll post a link if I feel like I have enough lines.--Spaceeinstein 05:47, April 11, 2010 (UTC)
Is it really necessary to have this page? there must be millions upon millions of spoken dialogue in the GTA series, but I doubt there is even a third of it here.
Granted, it COULD be edited over time, but is it possible to make it hidden [unable to see], except from certain people, i.e: a handful of dedicated editors?
It seems sloppy, that (i.e: sections about police), one section might have several different categories with dozens of lines in each, but ANOTHER section (still about police) has only 1 general section, and a handful of lines. CAPTAINMSKII 18:38, April 11, 2010 (UTC)
- There aren't "millions upon millions of spoken dialogue" in all of the GTA games combined. I'm guessing at most 50,000 dialogue in all of GTA combined and most of them are short and unimportant, like "Hey" and "No problem."--Spaceeinstein 01:15, April 12, 2010 (UTC)
- It might be worth breaking out into one page for each game. However, I think it is necessary, since the pedestrian/NPC dialog in the environment is part of what makes the GTA games special. It's also a significant amount of the voice work in each game, and I have definitely looked for what a particular pedestrian is saying. I think some of the funniest parts of the GTA games are what the pedestrians say!
- Things to work out to make the page better:
- one long page or several smaller pages?
- should sections be organized, e.g. alphabetically?
- is there a "filter" for what should be in here and what shouldn't? For example, not "hey" but include "Hello there, handsome!"
- --Bort 18:15, 29 April 2011 (BST)
I actually quite like this page - there's some funny stuff in there. I think it should be split into 1 page per game (or group of games, like IV/TLAD/BOGT). But this main page should have some featured dialogue with a selection of the funniest extracts. Gboyers 01:11, 30 April 2011 (BST)
- Broke it out and made it a disambiguation page, since that's the closest to what I think it could be. I like the idea of some clever quotes on the page, though. Feel free to cull some and put them here. I may also get into improving the structure of the "child" pages.--Bort 15:26, 30 April 2011 (BST)
This isn't really a disambiguation page - that's where a page could be for several different things. This page should be about pedestrian dialogue (how it works, who does it, who writes it) with some examples, and the full lists being on other pages. Also "dialogue" means a conversation between 2 or more people, so that is the wrong title for this. Perhaps 'pedestrian speech'? Gboyers 15:57, 30 April 2011 (BST)
- Yeah, that's much better. "Quotes" perhaps? --Bort 16:29, 30 April 2011 (BST)