| This talk page is for discussing the Pistol article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
There are far to many pictures on this page. I suggest a gallery be created. --Chimpso 04:15, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- I agree. Plus, 3 of the pictures don't even have captions. --Montybrady 04:17, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
This is the GTA IV pistol:
This is a Glock 21.
For comparison purposes, this is an H&K USP.
- That looks like a Glock, if I remember correctly (which I usually don't) the USP has a wider barrel. Chimpso (Talk) 02:22, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Ok the weakest pistol is a Glock 21 and the photos helped. end of discussionAndrew nicholson 16:19, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the .357 Magnum bullets from the Desert Eagle be weaker than the .40 S&W from the Glock 21? If so, how come the Desert Eagele is stronger than the Glock?
- Short answer: No.
- Long answer: It's not as simple as "larger number = more powerful". .40 S&W is a middle-ground between 9x19mm and .45 ACP, almost always used in semi-auto pistols. .357 Magnum is usually used in large-frame revolvers and generates more pressure than any of the above. I don't have firsthand experience in these matters but I'm quite certain that .357 Magnum is more powerful than .45 ACP but less so than .44 Magnum and .50 Action Express. So yeah, it does make sense that the .357 Mag Desert Eagle is more powerful than the .40 S&W Glock.
In the triangle club you won't get a star for getting to the area with the pistol unless possibly you use it to shoot at the people. Plus only one guard I have ever encountered there uses a pistol the others use there fists and the patrons just run out the door. --Irelandcool 23:03, 10 July 2011 (BST)
GTA IV magazine capacity
The G22 in GTA IV doesn't have a 17-round magazine (otherwise you would see it protruding from the grip like this), Rockstar just either goofed the mag cap or intended it to be a G17 and modeled the wrong pistol. Ghost Leader (talk|edits) 22:36, 3 September 2013 (BST)