| This talk page is for discussing the Radio Stations in GTA IV article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
"In previous GTA games (prior to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas), radio stations were a single audio file, repeating after completing a loop. In GTA IV, the songs are shuffled and thus are never in any one order."
Can anyone actually confirm this? Granted, I got rid of GTA IV well over a year ago, but I can clearly remember that the stations I listened to were played in one continous loop - this was particularly evident with L.C.H.C., Electro-Choc, and The Journey. Is it possible that: a) I'm remembering wrong, b) A newer/edited version of the game now exists, c) Only some stations work that way, or, d) The "shuffle" aspect never actually made it into the final product?. - Hardrock182 08:55, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- I own the Australian version of GTA IV on PS3, which I bought about a week after release, and I remember when I thought I knew the order of a radio station, but next time it seemed to be different, and it seemed to always be different. So I assumed that they were "shuffled". When I read this article a long time ago, it just confirmed my thought. Any edited version of the game would become part of the original version through the patches, so it's either an update (unlikely), or only some stations work like that. I have eliminated the possibility of it having been removed. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 10:50, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- c) Not all radio stations are shuffled. There are a few of them that uses the traditional way of using one single audio file and loop it. I'll list the stations later as I'm not at my computer. It's mainly the stations that can't tell the news or weather, only dynamic stations can do that.--Spaceeinstein 18:38, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
The song in the first trailer for The Ballad of Gay Tony is "Pjanoo" by Eric Prydz. So, that song is going to be in the new playlist with the radio stations. The one question is : on which station is that song going to be ? I think it might be either K109 The Studio or Electro-Choc, most probably K109. What do you think of this ?--Loadingue 17:13, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
- The song is not in any way disco. I stamp it Electro-Choc.--Thescarydude 17:57, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
- I must agree. The piano made a disco-style, but the whole track is more electro-style. And now, I'm going to put it on the Electro-Choc page !--Loadingue 18:43, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
- I suggest putting it in a separate section (TBOGT songs, or something like that) until the music list and stations associated with them are released. It's still speculative to assume here. - ZS 18:46, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, I just wrote it on the Electro-Choc page ! But I've written it was speculative.--Loadingue 18:55, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
- Either that, or we have a section devoted to music tracks used in trailers. I'm sure that works well enough as a more permanent measure. - ZS 19:02, September 2, 2009 (UTC)