Talk:Red Dead Redemption
| This talk page is for discussing the Red Dead Redemption article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
For some reason it looks wierd if I indent the article and looks like it dose when im editing. Someone please help me out.
By the way, this article is comparing RDR to GTA, Gboyers said I could, so don't delete it! --Fairnick68 01:23, 27 August 2011 (BST)
- Placing a space before a paragraph puts it in a box, you can indent using a colon (:). But why should it be indented? Also, headings simply use the syntax ==Something==, no need to make it bold yourself (which was actually breaking the headings). Thanks! JFletcherTalk (formerly User:Biggest gta fan ever) 04:20, 27 August 2011 (BST)
- No, thank you! You are a life saver! --Fairnick68 14:00, 27 August 2011 (BST)
Side Info Box
Can someone add a side info box? I can't as im not really good with adding pictures... Thanks, --Fairnick68 14:04, 27 August 2011 (BST)
I suggested that this article be created, as there are several opportunities to mention RDR through this wiki, particularly to compare it to GTA games, like we have a Manhunt article. This page should not be about RDR, but instead be just the parts relevant to GTA. I say keep it for now, see where it goes, and if it's completely useless and irrelevant then we can delete. gboyers talk 18:16, 27 August 2011 (BST)
- I agree. Who suggested that it should be deleted anyway? Can we delete the Deletion suggestion box so we don't encourage more to complain? --Fairnick68 (talk) 18:30, 27 August 2011 (BST)
I think it should stay, who ever wants it to be deleted, well, no one is making you read it. It should stay here in case some one wants some quick info on the game without having to leave Grand Theft Wiki. If it was not made by Rockstar, I could see why you wan't it to go, but it is made by Rockstar, so it should stay. The gameplay is almost identical to GTA and both use the same game engine. It should stay. --Fairnick68 (talk) 21:08, 27 August 2011 (BST)
- If a user has a legitimate concern (which they do), then we should discuss it. Just because I think something might be a good idea doesn't mean we have to do it. We can leave the 'propose deletion' tag on there until that user has had a chance to respond here. We don't tell users to "shut up cos you're wrong" - we discuss it until we come to an agreement, or as close to one as possible. gboyers talk 00:19, 28 August 2011 (BST)
- Yes. Go back to the article, and click "view history" in the top right. That shows you every version of that page. You can click "prev" to see what was changed in that edit, and work out who added the deletion template. gboyers talk 19:21, 28 August 2011 (BST)
- Sorry for the delay in the response. My problem with the article is that it has absolutely nothing to do with the GTA series and, to my knowledge, has no links to the GTA series (as Bully does with Bullworth Academy featured in GTA IV and Manhunt with Carcer City). The contents of the article should surely be placed in the relevant articles, which I see no problem with. The RAGE and Euphoria articles could be expanded with sections comparing the in-game usage, which is likely to be re-used in the next GTA game. There is just no point in the article.
- The 'no ones making you read it' line is not a reason. I may not be reading it but there are plenty of other articles that I don't read that are relevant, unlike this one. The game being another from Rockstar Games is also no justification for the article to stay, Need I remind you that this is a wiki about the Grand Theft Auto series not a Rockstar Games wiki. A-Dust 10:54, 30 August 2011 (BST)
This article is not about RDR completely, but rather comparing GTA to RDR as Gboyers said. Merging it would make no sense as the info in this article would not feel right in a article about RAGE or Europhia. We should not change it just beacuse of you, once a few more people come here and post there opinions then we could do it, lets not base its deletion on one person. --Fairnick68 (talk) 21:03, 30 August 2011 (BST)
- The contents of the article are either not relevant enough to the Grand Theft Auto series to be included or could be referenced in other articles (RAGE and Euphoria). You're 'logic' of it being just me is also no excuse for keeping an article that has no actual purpose being on the wiki. Deletion is something that should be based upon merit not upon popularity. A-Dust 23:13, 30 August 2011 (BST)
- There are differing opinions here, I still think this article might be useful. Whilst the games might not be related by canon (characters, companies etc), they are deeply technically related. gboyers talk 01:15, 31 August 2011 (BST)
- I'm not making a "final" decision on anything. I think this article is young enough that we can leave it for a while and see if it becomes useful. If it does not contain any useful information, or if all the information is duplicated (or should go somewhere else), then we'll remove it. gboyers talk 00:35, 1 September 2011 (BST)
- How is RDR deeply technically related? The main relationship I can see is that both are made by R*. RDR is set in the past in a real-life setting. Unlike any other R* games that references GTA, there are no references between these games at all. Talking about the similarities of the game engines or comparing these games does not seem enough to justify keeping the page. Might as well bring up R* Table Tennis or Volition's Saints Row.--spaceeinstein 07:22, 1 September 2011 (BST)
Like Gboyers said, it's too young to delete. Only thing is that it's not geting attention, so no one is adding to it... Maybe that deletion prod is making people affraid to edit? --Fairnick68 (talk) 13:38, 3 September 2011 (BST)
- You shouldn't expect lots of edits in a short time to any page, especially a less important page. The delete template lists the page here, which can attract users to fix it up, who may not otherwise know that the page exists. JFletcherTalk (formerly User:Biggest gta fan ever) 06:54, 5 September 2011 (BST)