Talk:Secrets in GTA IV
| This talk page is for discussing the Secrets in GTA IV article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
I've cleaned up the main article and moved a few things here;
- This is a parody of 24, a popular TV show in America on the TV Channel FOX starring Kiefer Sutherland. Also the clock that is used to say the numbers "72" is reference to the ABC show Lost.
- First of all, what is a parody of "24?" Also, how is the clock a reference to "Lost?"
- When going in the Algonquin Bridge from Algonquin to Broker, you can see to the right side a Building with the Name "CLOCKTOWER" this is the resemble of the "WATCHTOWER" Building of Society of the Jehovah's Witnesses.
- This just doesn't make any sense to me.
- If you go into any of the TW@ cafes and look at the printer, you will see an error 'ERROR UNLEASH NINJA GURU'.
- Needs an explanation of what that's referencing, because I have no clue.
- If you look on the walls in the prisons, you will find prison guard names, which are funny; Seymour Fani, Isaac Hunt, Richard Head, and Phil McRevis.
- Not only are they not Easter Eggs, but they're not even funny...
- postscript: ok, I get the joke about all but Isaac Hunt, but are they Easter Eggs?
- The names are "see more fanny", "I's a cunt", "Dick head" and "fill my crevice". I've removed some of the obvious ancient direct references (like Burger Shot being a parody of Burger King). Perhaps this page should be more about secret things you can see/do (like the beating heart), and hidden references (and innuendos) should be separate? Gboyers talk 13:07, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- Makes perfect sence to me. We could make a new page, but it could have a number of names: Real World References in GTA IV, innuendos in GTA IV, Easter Eggs in GTA IV/Real World References, and I'm sure there are more. Does anyone suggest a name? BTW, The post by Gboyers was a long time ago, if the new page already exists, please say here. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 05:31, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
"One of Rockstar's rivals, THQ's Saint's Row, has been parodied on various billboards and signs throughout the city as a seafood restaurant called "Squid Row - Budget Seafood.""
This doesn't seem logical to me - for one, it seems to be a pun on the term 'skid row' - reading the first paragraph of the Wikipedia article makes it seem to me as though Rockstar, maybe, wanted to imply that Squid Row it's a run down, badly performing restaurant. Secondly, wouldn't it be called 'Squid's Row' if it was a parody of the Saint's Row series? I was going to go ahead and change it, but I was just wondering if anyone else agrees/disagrees. Hardrock182 23:19, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- I believe that you're correct;Rockstar usually makes their innuendos obvious.That one is simply stupid.I think they would have said something like "Priest's Line:Exact opposite of what it sounds like".I say we change it. HuangLee 01:30, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- Section in Secrets about the "Haunted Spunk Factory" is revised and moved to Sprunk Factory The preceding unsigned comment was posted by Hars on 18 February 2009
What does that wierd section say?
There's some wierd section in some language I cannot read, can some fix this to english?
The So Called 'Scary Face of Liberty City'
It's crap. That's really all I need to say... Do we really need to keep it? I don't think it looks like a face at all. --Stankers 21:12, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
Yes, that is really stupid.--Thescarydude 21:18, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
Hey its not crap if you can actually see it. Maybe Rockstar Games made the map to actually resemble somewhat of an ugly face, its just up to the gamers to find it; just like the various easter eggs hidden around Liberty City. User:Omega'sHand
brooklyn banks skateboarding refrence
If you go to chinatown at the start of the broker bridge theres a skatepark under it.It is a refrence to the brooklyn banks which was a very famous skate spot which was turned into a skatepark.Just thought I'd mention it as i noticed it wasnt in the real life refrences.