| This talk page is for discussing the Special Vehicles article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
This page really needs a lot of cleanup. I've volunteered, but there's just too much to clean up. Can somebody help me with this? It's getting late here, and I think I can't do any more tonight.
I also got some Liberty City Stories vehicles and put them in tables due to it being cluttered. Fluffy Clouds 05:05, November 14, 2009 (UTC)
- Moved from User talk:Gboyers
Do you think that the special vehicles page should be laid out in different articles to the corresponding game?--Gta-mysteries 09:07, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not sure. Having pages like Special Vehicles in GTA San Andreas would mean repeating a lot of the information (explaining that these are BP/DP/unobtainable etc), and they'd have to go back to Special Vehicles every to figure out how to destroy them anyway. At the most, we could move the code to sub-pages to make it easier to work on and edit? Gboyers talk 12:22, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
What about putting the same vehicle in different columns. Like instead of the same vehicle on one column with all of the abilities marked in brackets, would it be easier to read if they were separated?--Gta-mysteries 21:45, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't understand. Do you mean having one table for every special vehicle (no matter which game)? Or do you mean have DP/EP/FP/BP as separate columns? That wouldn't be a big change, the page would still be huge. Gboyers talk 22:04, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
|Cheetah||Permanent Color||Grand Theft Auto|
|Cheetah||BP FP EP||Turismo|
|Cheetah||Permanant Color/ BP FP EP||Grand Theft Auto (permanent color)/Turismo (FP EP BP)|
|Cheetah||Permanent color||Grand Theft Auto (mission)|
|FP EP BP||Turismo (mission)|
- Got it, thanks.--Gta-mysteries 23:52, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
Correction on one of the unobtainable vehicles in San Andreas
I would like to point out that the Patriot in San Andreas is in fact obtainable.
I have a found a FAQ on gamefaqs that has explained how to get it:
Use crtl+f to look for "Patriot"
There are four methods to try out. One of the methods even has a video (it's from a Spanish PC version of the game though).
I haven't tried out any of these methods out myself but this proves that the Patriot is indeed possible to get.
== Unique TLAD Bikes? ==
In the mission where you find out Jason was killed, the AoD drive bikes with a fire paintjob on the front, and the back (front seat and back) are black. They are drivable, but i dont think you can keep one without failing the mission. Jackass2009 05:03, June 20, 2010 (UTC)
Should availability be considered on what constitues "special"?
The light gray Admiral that spawns in front of Diaz's Manstion/Vercetti Estate was listed as special. Does it really have to be on the list if it always available?--spaceeinstein 05:50, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
I can't edit this, but the tank info is wrong. I captured the Buffalo from Misappropriation in San Andreas that is damage, explosion, fire, and bullet proof. I've run straight into tanks again and again and it does not budge. So, for that special vehicle at least, tanks do not affect it at all. If something is just fireproof, then of course, because a tank isn't a flame weapon. But, I think it should be removed. If it cannot be damaged at all, that includes by tanks.--Tommy-Vercetti 21:09, 23 June 2011 (BST)
- Why can't you edit it? If you're not sure how tables work, check out Help:Editing#Tables or mw:Help:Tables and just give it a go. Anything you do can be undone, so be bold and see if you can figure it out. If that's not the problem, let me know what is. Gboyers 04:07, 25 June 2011 (BST)
I wouldn't have posted here if I didn't already try every conceivable option open to me to try and edit it. I can't figure it out, so I asked someone who knew what they were doing if they could. If you're not going to do it, at least tell me how to so I can. I cannot edit the box at all, it's just the bottom links.--Tommy-Vercetti 16:12, 25 June 2011 (BST)