| This talk page is for discussing the Special Vehicles in GTA Vice City article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
MLVD - you need to check your facts, have you tested these things at all?
- There is nothing special about Mitch Bakers Angel in Hog Tied. Drive it around, then compare it to a normal Angel and you will see that it handles perfectly normally.
- The super-heavy cars are unobtainable. They all lose their super-heavy property once the missions ends (no matter if you pass or fail), and garages eat that property as well, making it impossible to save them. From what info I can find, I was the first person who ever found a super-heavy vehicle in GTA Vice City, take a look here. I've done a LOT of testing on special vehicles in Vice City, I know what I'm talking about.
- There is nothing impossible about obtaining a black Washington in All Hands on Deck. It's completely down to luck whether you manage to get it or not, but it is not impossible in any way. Again take a look at the guide I linked to above. I was very lucky, and strategy 2 worked for me without any cheats or hacks.
I think, if a car is listed with a U, we should add the reason why that U is there. Like in school, your teacher won't just say how something is, they'll tell you why it is that way. I think we should do that here too, I know I would much more accept a car as unobtainable if the page said why it is, not just that it is, in that "it's the truth" kind of way. --Andreaz1 11:43, 16 October 2011 (BST)
- Sorry, I should've described "U" in more details. "U" should only be used on vehicles that the player cannot access or drive outside missions, like Avery's black Stretch or Hotring Racers. It doesn't mean an unsavable property, that's already described in the property's respective descriptions. So if the car is heavy but locked, then it's a "U," but if it's not locked and you can drive it outside the mission, then it's not a "U." Only Jury Fury and Two Bit Hit will make the cars unheavy by the end of the mission so you can use "U" there.--spaceeinstein 03:34, 17 October 2011 (BST)
The Securicar in Autocide IS obtainable. If you shoot at it (via drive by with a submachine gun) for long enough, Dick Tanner will come out and run around and leave the Securicar's door open, therefore allowing the player to comandeer it. I myself have been able to commandeer it using that method. The same goes with the Admiral and Sentinel in Jury Fury. I have managed to comandeer them without the use of cheats, mods, trainers or hacks. It is just up to the game to decide. Sometimes the Admiral and Sentinel is locked while sometimes they are unlocked, allowing the player to comandeer it.--MrLanceVanceDance 06:24, 17 October 2011 (BST)
Never mind the above comment. It was all a misundertstanding. I misinterpreted the "unobtainable" to mean "unable to be obtained in any way". The special vehicles description of "Unsavable" has to be clarified.--MrLanceVanceDance 06:35, 17 October 2011 (BST)
- Okay sorry, then I misunderstood it as well. I thought it meant "it is impossible to save this vehicle and its property in a garage". So can we conclude it like this: If starting a mission is the only way to see or drive that vehicle, then it can have a U? If so, the Admiral and Sentinel (which has always been locked for me, I need to test it further) in Jury Fury, Securicar from Autocide (I think it has the heavy property taken away after the mission, more testing), and the Admirals from Check Out at the Check In should all have a U. However the black Washingtons in All Hands on Deck should not, as you can steal one and keep it till after the mission. Thanks for clearing that up.
- I just noticed something else, that is kinda of unrelated. The list says that PP tires can't be saved, but isn't Diaz's Admiral PP even after you save it? That's just something from the back of my head that I came to think of, I'll test that one as well.
- --Andreaz1 08:40, 17 October 2011 (BST)
Open trunk Taxi / Blue PCJ600
And also, is the blue PCJ600 really unique? I thought it was, but it's not listed here. Carcols.dat says it can appear in "police car blue", so I will go test it out. Andreaz1 (talk|edits) 17:16, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
Yes, it is unique. tested it and found two blue colours that are both different from the blue that appears in this mission. Still contemplating about the Taxi though. Andreaz1 (talk|edits) 17:00, 17 July 2012 (UTC)