Talk:Vehicles in GTA V
| This talk page is for discussing the Vehicles in GTA V article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
- Bicycles appeared twice, one at (0:53) next to the "O", and one at (0:54), but both of those bicycles are missing a front wheel, so I'm guessing bikes are most likely props.--spaceeinstein 21:06, 4 November 2011 (GMT)
- I didn't notice it was intentionally ordered that way. I'm not sure if it would be confusing having the gallery at the end as opposed to the beginning. Most galleries on this site are placed at the end, so I placed it there. Eventually all the vehicles should have an image anyways.-spaceeinstein 21:55, 4 November 2011 (GMT)
- The problem is that most users are used to read the article and get their info, and then use the gallery to illustrate the info. On this page, most of the new vehicles are introduced in the gallery. I think common users would say " (reading) So here are the new vehicles... I want to see what they look like. (looking at the gallery) Oh wait, those are other new vehicles."--Loadingue (talk) 22:27, 4 November 2011 (GMT)
A Vehicle Database found upon the GTA Forums.
- Interesting, but maybe we shouldn't add too many details before we know the exact name of each vehicle, and thus created an article for each one of them.--Loadingue (talk) 18:26, 5 November 2011 (GMT)
Range Rover based car
The picture of the Range Rover-based car in the "New Vehicles" section is most likely a Huntley Sport from GTA 4 as it is also based on the Range Rover and looks very similar to the GTA V vehicle. Zachmt97 (talk) 23:57, 16 November 2011 (UTC)
- This is speculation, and even though I speculate a lot, I don't think this is the new Huntley Sport. It may simply be the "Huntley", and some pretend it's based on the Chevrolet Suburban or Ford Flex (as shown above on GTAForums), so we don't know anything for sure.--Loadingue (talk) 00:38, 17 November 2011 (UTC)
Schafter looking car
This car looks more like a Pinnacle from GTA4. The way the back window & frame is sloped and has short sharp trunk looks very similar. Any one else thinks so? SabreTurbo02 (talk) 09:30, 2 January 2012 (AKST)
From my observation, it seems to contain elements of 3 different aircraft:
- The forward fuselage looks to be almost identical to the AV-8B Harrier II, which as we all know served as the basis for GTA: SA's Hydra. Additionally, it looks like it might retain rotating thrust nozzles of the Harrier/Hydra.
- The rear fuselage, wing structure, vertical stabilizers, and elevators seem to be drawn from the F/A-18 Hornet.
- The engine area is reminiscent of the F-35 Lightning II.
Leak in Max Payne 3?
This thread on the GTAForums is interesting enough. Think we should make mention of this in the article? I know the list is obviously incomplete, but still. That's quite intriguing in my opinion.--Loadingue (talk|edits) 10:41, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- I've been analyzing those files and making camparisons, and I've found out a bunch of interesting stuff... I'm definitely going to add that info to the article. I don't know if anyone has come to the same results before, but whatever. You'll see.--Loadingue (talk|edits) 14:26, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- I'm still analyzing every vehicle, and I'm not even remotely done, but something weird struck me... All the police vehicles shown are painted in white and blue, instead of white and black. What do you think it could mean? Maybe those files are from an early GTA V beta stage?--Loadingue (talk|edits) 16:51, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
"Lotus Elise"I'm pretty sure these are pictures from the same car.
In this promotional poster for the collector's edition of GTA V three new vehicles are mentioned, two of which do not have photos--the CarbonRS sportsbike and the Khamelion eletcric car. How should these be added to the page? --Hehe5 (talk|edits) 13:46, 23 May 2013 (BST)
Looking at the unidentified 70s era station wagon, it appears it may be a facelifted Regina. The car has what looks like a Dundreary badge and shares the same rim and body design as The Lost and Damned's Regina. The only thing I can't pinpoint is the front end's inspiration. Gsu eagle 31049 (talk|edits) 04:43, 17 July 2013 (BST)