The Angels of Death
The Angels of Death
The Angels of Death patch
|Games:||GTA IV |
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Locations:||Algonquin, Liberty City|
|Type:||Outlaw Motorcycle Club|
|Enemies:||The Lost Brotherhood|
|Colors:||Dark Red and Black|
|Businesses:||Drug Trafficking, Extortion|
|Fronts:||Angels of Death Clubhouse |
Auto Repair Shops
|Members:||Lester Arnold, Albert Lawson, Joe Jon, Simon Nashly, Bert Reker, Meredith, Lester Leroc (undercover)|
The Angels of Death Motorcycle Club is an outlaw biker gang operating around Algonquin, where they frequently hang out at their clubhouse located in Varsity Heights, Liberty City. They are supplied with Heroin by the Jaoming Triad and deal Cocaine with the Spanish Lords. Unlike The Lost MC, who have an exclusive Liberty City charter, the Angels of Death have numerous charters including ones in the United Kingdom, Europe, Scandinavia, Canada and Australia as well as one in every state of America. The Angels of Death also have a theme park in Florida and sell branded merchandise such as bed linen, books, party sets, diapers and even dildos. For this, The Lost MC accuse them of selling out to what is true.
According to their official in-game website, angelsofdeathonline.com, the AOD started in San Andreas in 1949 as a small club for people unsatisfied with a non-segregated society. Lester Arnold is the leader of the Liberty City chapter of the Angels of Death and other high ranking Liberty City members are; Road Captain Joe Jon Johnson and senior member Albert Lawson.
In The Lost and Damned, Angels of Death members do not spawn in Beechwood City or BOABO, they only spawn around their clubhouse in Northwood. In The Lost and Damned, the player can enter The Angels of Death clubhouse in multiplayer.
In The Ballad of Gay Tony, Angels of Death members don't spawn in Beechwood City but they do in BOABO, just like in GTA IV, but they also spawn in Northwood, near Luis' safehouse. And in The Ballad of Gay Tony and Grand Theft Auto IV, they have the same look but they have a different look in The Lost and Damned.
Here follows a list of the turf the Angels of Death own and/or appear in.
Weapons of Choice
GTA IV and The Ballad of Gay Tony
The Lost and Damned
- Automatic Pistol
- Micro SMG
- Sawn-Off Shotgun
- Assault Rifle - (Gang Wars Only)
- Grenades - (Gang Wars Only)
- The name "Angels of Death" may be a cultural reference to the song "Angel of Death" by Thin Lizzy, or to Nazi physician Josef Mengele, whose nickname was "the Angel of Death" for his horrendous torture and medical experiments. Slayer also wrote a song called "Angel of Death" about the aforementioned physician.
- According to a special Weazel News report, the Angels of Death claim that they are just a "social club", a hint to the real-life Hells Angels who claim the exact same thing about themselves ; possibly pointing out that the AoD are a parody of the Hells. There is also the book "Angels of Death". A book about the real-life Hells Angels
- In GTA IV's multiplayer Mafiya Work mode, Kenny Petrovic reveals that the leader of the AOD organization (possibly Lester Arnold) has a bike which he calls Sexy Charlie, and then orders it to be destroyed.
- In GTA IV's Deal Breaker, Kenny orders the players to kill many Angel of Death gang members at a multistory factory in Acter Industrial Park.
- It is implied that The Angels of Death are white supremacists. Considering that during the Gang Wars side missions, Johnny can be heard shouting "You racist pricks make me gag!", and "Fucking anti-Semites!" while fighting the gang.
- The Angels are seen as White Supremacists and/or Neo-Nazis, yet during the shootout at their clubhouse an album by OG Loc can be seen in the jukebox, as well as other hip-hop artists.
- The Angels of Death deal heroin with the Spanish Lords, and is normally the only time they come into contact. Despite their business relationship, members of both gangs will become hostile and are easily provoked by each other in the rare possibility that they meet on the street.
- There is a large biker synonymously named "Fat Biker" (according to game files). He has the Rockstar logo emblazoned on his belt buckle, which further hints a easter egg. And sports a biker vest or a t-shirt that hilariously reads: If you read this, the bitch fell off. When evading terror, it seems that he cannot run very fast, ironically from being overweight. In TBoGT, he can be spotted right across the street from Luis' Apartment. He makes an appearance seen in the Sprunk sponsored base jumping competition on CNT as one of the sixteen contestants. Fat Biker is widely regarded as one of the most notable NPC's in GTA IV regarding fans, alongside the tramps and soapboxxers.