The Cousins Bellic
|This page needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of Grand Theft Wiki.|
|The Cousins Bellic|
Niko Bellic talking to Hossan Ramzy aboard the Platypus
Death of Roman Bellic|
Destruction of Roman's taxi
|Unlocks||It's Your Call|
This mission introduces the player to the casual driving of cars.
The scene begins with the sounds of sado-masochism in a room aboard the Platypus. Niko Bellic, the player character, begins knocking on the door, attempting to call Dave out of the room. Another person, Hossan Ramzy, calls to Niko, telling him to forget about Dave, and that they need to prepare for the docking. As Niko and Hossan discuss the "Land of Opportunity," the ship is shown nearing the Statue of Happiness. Niko tells of his cousin Roman's successes: sports cars, condos, parties, women, etc., while a person is shown inspecting a diamond, and then mixing it into a mixture in a mixing bowl. The Platypus docks, and Niko and the other crew members depart the ship, and many are greeted by friends and family, until the only one left is Niko.
When Roman finally arrives (drunk/intoxicated), he's actually driving a taxi. Niko asks about it and Roman mumbles that his other car's in the shop. He's too plastered to drive himself, so he gets in the passenger seat and asks Niko to drive them to his apartment.
The drive begins near the docks in East Hook. The on-screen instructions explain driving basics and how to use the radar map. The GPS system plots a course highlighted by a yellow line on your radar. One must simply follow the yellow line to Roman's apartment in Hove Beach, Broker.
The closing scene showcases the tiny apartment in which Roman lives. Niko confronts him with his lies, and Roman insists that luxury and money are coming. He rushes off to get his taxi back to the taxi firm that he owns, and tells Niko to meet him there. As he leaves, he gets what appears to be a nasty call from someone he calls "Vladimir Glebov."
Once this mission is completed, the player earns the "Off The Boat" achievement/trophy.
- The first song heard in the game is "Soviet Connection" by Michael Hunter, GTA IV's theme. The second song heard is "Schweineé by Glukoza, inside Roman's cab. It is featured on the radio station Vladivostok FM.
- It seems that Roman's Taxi in this mission has less acceleration.
- The mission is very similar to the opening of the Rockstar game Red Dead Redemption as both protagonists arrive by boat.
- The song in Roman's car will change if you skip the cutscene. But it will always be in Vladivostok FM
- Two important elements of the story this game and its two episodic packs (Lost and Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony) briefly appear in the opening cutscene; the Diamonds and the Heroin.
- When Roman is talking to Niko about the loss of his native language for English, he says "Ahh, you'll be fine. Better than my Serbian. So good to see you cousin. I can't believe you made it! Ha! Shit... I have to tell you I had quite a night last night. Two women! The land of opportunity. I've made it!", possibly confirming that Niko and Roman are in fact ethnic Serbs.
Niko Bellic meeting his cousin Roman
Niko and Roman driving towards Roman's apartment
Niko asking Roman about Barbara and Stephanie