|The Green Sabre|
Sweet, Carl Johnson, and the Grove Street Families members head out to take on the Ballas at the Mulholland Intersection.
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|Unlocks||Badlands, countryside and San Fierro access|
|Unlocked by||Reuniting the Families|
The three feuding families of the Grove Street Families have come together to due to Carl's efforts and Sweet decides to finally get back at the Ballas. Sweet also makes good with Carl and calls him his running dog. He then orders everyone to get heated, and meet him under the Mulholland Intersection.
Carl, however, is side-tracked on the way by a call from Cesar Vialpando, who has some important news for him. At first, CJ explains he is too busy to meet but Cesar is insistent, so Carl heads to the meeting place under the freeway north of Verdant Bluffs to meet Cesar, who is inside a Bravura with tinted windows. Cesar and CJ look ahead, as some Ballas exit a garage, followed by Ryder and Big Smoke, and finally Officer Frank Tenpenny. Officer Pulaski then reverses a car out of the garage, which is revealed to be the green Sabre that was used in the drive-by in Grove Street to kill CJ's mother in The Introduction.
Suddenly, CJ remembers about Sweet. Carl realizes that Sweet and the rest of the Grove Street Families are walking into a trap. But first, he orders Cesar to get Kendl to a safe place. CJ races over to the underside of the Mulholland Intersection before Sweet and the homies are killed.
Upon arriving, Carl sees a deadly shootout taking place. CJ sees that his brother has taken a hit. Out of loyalty, CJ stays with his brother to hold off the Ballas hordes. Numerous Ballas members will come and shoot at Carl and the rest of the gang. Carl wipes them all out until the police arrive and Carl surrenders.
Once cops arrive, Sweet is taken into a prison hospital, while Carl leaves with C.R.A.S.H. and is abandoned in the countryside. Tenpenny explains what happened and what will happen, he is forbidden from returning back to Grove Street or Big Smoke. From now on, he wants Carl to do what he wants him to do. His first task is to eliminate a former cop.
Upon completion, the Ballas and Los Santos Vagos will then take back any lost territory along with the original territory of the Grove Street Families (including Ganton, Playa Del Seville, Santa Maria Beach, Temple, and the Vinewood Cemetery. The Los Santos Vagos will also take El Corona amd Little Mexico from the Varrios Los Aztecas.
There is no monetary reward for this mission, but the Badlands mission is unlocked. After the end mission cinematic, the player's weapons will be stripped. The player may now buy any safehouse in the countryside, and the player may now save at the Angel Pine Save Point. Also, the player can now traverse the countryside and San Fierro without any police attention.
- In the opening cutscene, a bald GSF member with a goatee and a dark green coat can be seen. Aside from an earlier appearance in Los Sepulcros, he cannot be seen anywhere else in the game. This could be an unused gang member model.
- The song that is playing inside Sweet's house is Fuck wit Dre Day by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg, a song that also can be heard in Radio Los Santos.
- While CJ is in the car with Cesar, in the PC version, the steering wheel will have the edges of a square, indicating poor texture.
- There is no "mission passed" notice after this mission.
- The Sentinels and the Sabres in this mission are scripted to Repair themselves after they are hit, however once they have been damaged enough, they will simply become indestructible.
- If CJ is inside of a car when the police comes he will simply put his hands up, whilst in the car.
- The Green Sabre (storyline version) in this mission, it is never seen again after the mission, although it appears throughout The Introduction. The player can mod a Sabre to have the same green paintjob via Transfender.
- There is a glitch in the iPad version which causes a gang member's mouth to become stuck open during the first cut-scene.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|