Tommy Vercetti, Ken Rosenberg, Phil Cassidy, Cam Jones (behind Cassidy) and Hilary King go over their plan.
|Game||GTA Vice City|
|Target||El Banco Corrupto Grande|
|Location||Vice Point, Vice City|
Death of Tommy Vercetti|
Death of Phil Cassidy
Death of Cam Jones before the vault has been opened
Death of Hilary King before he is killed in the cutscene
Death of the bank manager
Destruction of the Taxi
Bank Job Outfit
|Unlocked by||The Driver|
Following the completion of the previous three missions for the Malibu Club, involving planning a bank robbery, Tommy Vercetti and his three man bank job crew prepare for the robbery of the El Banco Corrupto Grande bank in Little Havana. Prior to the mission the four people involved in the robbery, along with Ken Rosenberg discuss the robbery. Despite having a specialised driver, Tommy drives the team to the bank in a Taxi. During the robbery, Hilary King is instructed to continue to drive around the block in order not to attract attention, and team change into green jumpsuits with hockey masks, and head inside the bank. Phil is instructed to keep an eye on all of the civilians. Tommy, and Cam head upstairs to the bank's vault while killing security guards. After having difficulty opening the vault, Tommy moves to the manager's office, and holding him at gunpoint, forces him to help open the vault. Tommy then checks on Phil, only to find a civilian being shot by Phil for activating an alarm. The team are then forced to fend off members of the Vice City SWAT. After the vault is opened, the team collect the money, and after killing more SWAT agents, head outside. Hilary arrives in the Taxi to transport the team, but is quickly gunned down by a SWAT agent after trying to distract them to give time for Tommy and Phil to get in the car. The remaining SWAT are killed by the team, Tommy drives the team to the nearby Pay 'n' Spray in order to lose the wanted level, and then to Cam's Can Openers to complete the mission.
- The song heard during the opening cutscene is "Freaks Come Out at Night" by Whodini. It wasn't featured on any radio station in GTA Vice City, but is featured on Fresh FM in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
- If the player kills the man who triggers the alarm then another bystander takes his place. If both are killed, the hostages begin to riot, run around and attack Tommy and Phil.
- The person who activated the alarm is a Patrol Invest Group security guard, as is the person who activates the alarm when the previous PIG is killed.
- If the player gets to the ground floor fast enough, Phil Cassidy can be seen shooting and killing the PIG who activated the alarm.
- Tommy Vercetti mentions the SWAT retirement fund in the mission. Deleted phone call dialogue shows that Kent Paul informed him of this.
- The bank can be entered after completing this mission. However, if the player attempts to go to the upstairs banking offices, security room and/or the elevator room, they will immediately receive a four-star wanted level. $1000 can be found in the manager's office, and the elevator leading to the vault is closed. Also, the player cannot use the security room.
- This mission is the only time in GTA Vice City that the player can enter the bank vault. Also, it is the only time that the player can use the security room.
- The player can see the bank vault through the floor of the elevator room.
- If Cam Jones is killed, the mission dialogue will change.
- When the cutscene outside after the robbery begins, if the player enters the "blow up cars" cheat, the Enforcers will explode and kill all of the officers, but Hilary still pulls up in the Taxi. Since there are no officers to kill him, he will just drop dead.
- The seating order in the Taxi on the way to the bank seems to be scripted. Regardless of what door everyone goes in, Tommy will be driving, Hilary will be passenger, Phil will be behind Tommy and Cam behind Hilary. This creates confusion as the dialogue between Cam and Hilary will make no sense.
- What is also peculiar is if Tommy exits the car on the way to the bank, the game will prompt him to get back in. However, when the player gets back in the car, Phil, Hilary and Cam will get out of the car.
- When Hilary is ordered to drive the taxi, upon him entering the taxi, the doors will automatically lock, meaning Tommy cannot hijack the taxi.
- If the player resprays the taxi and drives past a SWAT agent, the SWAT agent will shoot at the taxi as if the player still had a wanted level.
- Just before Hilary drives away in the taxi, the boot opens up for no apparent reason.
- Regardless of the outfit worn before completing the mission, Tommy will emerge wearing the Soiree Outfit.
- It is possible to make Hilary kill Cam or Phil prior to entering the bank. The player only needs to run in front of or past the front of the taxi. If timed successfully, Hilary will run over Phil or Cam. However, this results in mission failure.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|
- From american.gxt:
On the phone
Kent Paul: Hey there Tommy, you're gonna love me mate. A little birdy told me that Vice City SWAT Division has a deposit box at a certain rather large banking establishment, where they keep all the bribes they've taken over the years, like some kind of old boys' retirement fund. Of course, if this information should ever help you acquire any of that cash, I guess you'd feel obliged to push some of it my way?
Tommy Vercetti: I'll bear that in mind, thanks Kent.