The Puerto Rican Connection
|This page needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of Grand Theft Wiki.|
|The Puerto Rican Connection|
Manny Escuela talking to Niko Bellic about his new video.
|Location||South Bohan, Bohan|
|Unlocks||The Snow Storm and Call and Collect|
|Unlocked by||Blow Your Cover and Out of the Closet (only contacting Tom required)|
In the cutscene Manny is watching the video of him and says it doesn't make him look street. He then asks Niko to kill some of his old buddies who made fun of him and his new film. So Niko goes to the train station and waits for it. The target you are looking for is on the train, so you need to follow it and eliminate him when he gets off. The chase will lead to Cayuga Avenue in Schottler.
Make your way up to the platform and eliminate the three targets. It might be useful to take cover before launching your attack, but if you start with full health and a decent (quick) weapon such as the Micro-SMG then it shouldn't be necessary.
If you don't kill them when they get off the train, they get into a car and you have to hunt them down.
Warning: Niko must remain close to the train at all times as it winds its way through Broker. Attempting to "short cut" the mission by heading straight to the final destination after the train is initially spotted results in mission failure.
After the Mission
Upon completion of the mission, two events occur after a period of time:
- Niko receives an anonymous text message directing him to meet somebody in south Algonquin. This launches "Call and Collect".
- Niko receives a phone call from Elizabeta Torres asking Niko to get to her place right away to stop a fight she's having with Little Jacob. This launches "The Snow Storm". Despite the urgency of the call, there is no rush to actually trigger the mission.
- Note: If you wish to go on further dates with Michelle, you must do so before launching "The Snow Storm", as the ability to date her will not be available (for reasons that will soon become clear) afterwards.
- The mission is an obvious homage to the film The French Connection, in which Gene Hackman, playing a New York cop, chases a hitman on an elevated train in identical fashion.
- The train travels on the left hand side of the track instead of the regular right hand side, something that also happens in the mission Three Leaf Clover.
- On its way, the train passes Hove Beach station, but will not call there.