|Appearances||[[Appearance::Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas]]|
|Full Name||The Truth|
|Place of Birth||San Andreas|
|Home||Leafy Hollow, Flint County|
|Voiced by||Peter Fonda|
The Truth is an aging hippie who lives in San Fierro and had previously owned a cannabis farm on the outskirts of the city. The Truth and Carl Johnson became friends while CJ was in exile in the Badlands, with CJ helping Truth in the theft of a combine harvester and the destruction of his own farm's crops after the police learned of the farm.
After CJ purchases an abandoned airfield on the outskirts of Las Venturas, The Truth once again seeks CJ, this time to steal government property, including a Jetpack from the Area 69 military complex and a containment unit containing unknown "green goo" transported by a heavily guarded train. Truth would play a more minor role thereafter.
As a conspiracy theorist, The Truth is apparently well aware of conspiracies surrounding the government and related organizations (including law enforcement agencies and the police), which causes him to question CJ after doing missions for Mike Toreno. Truth also owns a van dubbed "The Mothership", although he claims to travel via his astral goat, Herbie, and is acquainted with mechanics Dwaine and Jethro, along with electronics expert Zero.
- GTA San Andreas
- Body Harvest (Boss)
- Are You Going to San Fierro? (Boss)
- Wear Flowers in Your Hair (Semi-Boss)
- Black Project (Boss)
- Green Goo (Boss)
- Don Peyote (Voice/Semi-Boss)
- End of the Line
- On two separate occasions, The Truth calls into the WCTR show Area 53 and talks about various conspiracy-themed topics. He states on the second time he calls in that he has "held them [aliens] in his own hands." The aliens he may be speaking about may possibly be the substance collected in the mission Green Goo.
- The Truth claims that he has never shot a gun.
- People claim that sometimes, you can see The Truth walking around in Hashbury. Strangely, he stops and stares at the one of the shops on the street. This isn't true, it is seen in a YouTube video, but the maker of it has modified his game and replaced a pedestrian with the texture of The Truth.
- When comparing The Truth ingame with his artwork, he seems to be much younger, still having colored hair, instead of gray hair.
- The Truth is speculated to have an account on the GTA4 website whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com under the name Trooth. (It may not be him, as if he was over 60 in GTA SA (1992) he would be 76 years old as of the setting of GTA 4 which is 2008.)