Three Leaf Clover
|Three Leaf Clover|
NOOSE Officers Prepare For Battle At The Bank of Liberty
|Target||Bank of Liberty, NOOSE & LCPD Officers|
|Location||The Bank of Liberty and Subway in Algonquin|
|Fail||Packie, Derrick Or Niko Die|
The state of Alderney & |
"Full Exploration" achivement
|Unlocked by||Waste Not Want Knots|
Three Leaf Clover is the third and final mission offered by Packie McReary, involving robbing the Bank of Liberty in Chinatown, Algonquin. Packie and Niko take along their friend Michael and Packie's brother Derrick for extra protection.
Niko drives the group to the Bank of Liberty which is located in Chinatown, Algonquin. They rob the bank of $1 million USD and make their escape through the streets and subways of Chinatown, Algonquin. Packie is proud that he and his gang, including Niko kept their heads and managed to get the money to split between themselves.
The mission is split up into 4 sections. The drive to the bank, the shootout in the streets, the subway, and the drive back to Packie's house. Before arriving at his mother's house, Packie will have texted you about wearing a smart suit and shoes from Perseus. When you arrive at his house, you will meet Derrick McReary, Gerald McReary, and their friend Michael Keane. Gerald does not take lightly to Niko being involved in the family business and reminds Niko that Derrick has returned. After the cutscene, Packie tells Niko to get a car with four doors so they can all fit.
This is the first section; Drive to the Southern Algonquin branch of the Bank of Liberty. A cutscene will show Niko, Packie, Derrick, and Michael threatening all the customers to get on the floor of the bank. Derrick and Packie have an argument, giving one of the hostages (Eugene Reaper), the chance to shoot Michael and kill him. Packie and Derrick kill Eugene in retaliation. The team then blows up the vault door.
Niko heads down into the vault and grabs $1 million. NOOSE and FIB police officers arrive at the scene with helicopters and cars, prompting Packie to decide that they need to leave now with the money they have already collected.
Niko, Derrick, and Packie take cover at the front of the bank and begin to gun their way out of a five-star wanted level level. Due to the heavy presence of heavily armed officers and vehicles, escaping at this point is extremely difficult. There are roughly 16 standard cops spread out over the street. The best way to take these and other officers in this mission out is to shoot at the police cars' gas tanks, located behind the rear wheels. If flames start coming out of the gas tanks, they will blow up in short time, but you may continue firing to cause an immediate explosion. The explosion from the cars will kill any nearby officers and knock others to the ground, and possibly ignite other cars. Any remaining officers are best dispatched by a shot to the head, especially so for the otherwise heavily-armored NOoSE officers.
Packie, Derrick, and Niko shoot their way through an alleyway while shooting four NOoSE officers and eight regular cops. They then proceed through three streets in Chinatown. The first street you come will have two cars (one NOoSE and one normal police car) with about 6 men in total. The second street has the most amount of cops in the level, so it is wise to take cover. There are cops on fire exits above the streets, and several men on the ground, totalling 22 cops. The final street is the easiest: One can quickly run across the street and into the alleyway. There are several cops on the street, but as you are sprinting it is unlikely they will hit you. Soon, the trio are trapped out in the open by an police helicopter but then Packie leads them down into a subway station.
When you enter the subway entrance, there are two cops shooting at Packie and Derrick so take them out with a quick headshot while they are standing still. The next part of the subway consists of killing four cops waiting for the group in cover behind some gates. After dealing with them eight NOoSE officers storm up the stairs. At this point you should aim to kill as many of them via headshot as possible, and taking cover if any are left, because they are very deadly in such close proximity. There is a first-aid kit on a pillar here, which you can use to get back to full health. Go down the steps and into the subway to escape. There are 8 cops across the tracks in a group. They are easily taken out by something such as the rocket launcher as they are close together and at safe distance, otherwise aim for the head as usual. When you get onto the tracks 10 NOoSE officers try to follow you. You can kill them, but you can also leave some of them as eventually Packie and Derrick are going to make a run for it. This is the final encounter with police until you get topside, all the while Packie and Derrick argue about Michael's death, with Niko telling them to shut up. Eventually, Packie leads the team back to the surface via a maintenance entrance in Easton, by which time the wanted level has been reduced to only three stars, which is fortunate as your ammunition or health may be low by now.
Once outside, a parked Huntley Sport is available for the player to steal. The objective now is to lose the wanted level, this can be done as normal. When they finally lose the police, Packie asks Niko to take him and his brother Derrick back to his Mom's house in Meadows Park, Dukes (on Savannah Avenue near the Monoglobe). On the way, Packie explains how they will split the money. Niko, Packie and Derrick get $250,000 each. The remaining $250,000 will be given to Michael's parents since he died in the heist. On average, Niko, Packie and Derrick will kill over 80 cops.
The terrorist threat separating both sides of the West River is lifted subsequent to completion of this mission, opening up the Booth Tunnel and Hickey Bridge. Consequently Niko is able to travel to Alderney legally, with the entire map now open to the player.
- The outfit Niko wears during this mission (suits with balaclavas), the weapons you use (M4A1's), the large black bags of money slung over your back and the general set-up of the mission may be a homage to the 1995 film Heat, in which Robert De Niro and his henchmen rob a bank in similar fashion, including a subsequent running shootout in the surrounding city streets of Downtown L.A.
- The amount of money that Niko grabs is unknown, however it is thought to be $1 million USD because Niko, Packie, and Derrick each get $250,000 and Michael's parents get $250,000 making the total of the money 1 million dollars.
- The five star wanted level that Niko gains after the robbery is permanent until it is reduced near the end of the mission, it can not be removed even with cheats.
- Some of the NOOSE and FIB agents shoot at Niko and his team from fire escapes above the streets of Chinatown. How they got up there in so little time remains unknown. Also, there is not much reason for the agents to be shooting from above since there are sufficient lethal agents taking cover behind their cars.
- If you kill the pilot of the Annihilator that corners you, it will explode instantly despite being very low over the ground.
- Luis Fernando Lopez, the protagonist of The Ballad of Gay Tony, is seen in this mission, and as past missions in Grand Theft Auto IV with multiple protagonists, this mission will be seen from Luis' point of view.
- Reception of this mission by fans has shown that these types of missions are very popular.
- Eugene Reaper, an LC Gun Club member - Reaper was kill by Niko's gang because Eugene killed Packie's partner, Michael Keane.
- Michael Keane, Packie's partner - Keane was killed by Eugene Reaper as an act of revenge for robbing the bank.
- A heavy amount of NOOSE and FIB officers - Niko and his team ended pretty much every NOOSE and FIB agent in Algonquin to escape home free with the money ($1 million USD).