|This page needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of Grand Theft Wiki.|
|To Live and Die in Alderney|
Phil Bell talking to Niko Bellic inside his office.
Death of Phil Bell|
|Unlocks||Pest Control (with Flatline)|
Liquidize the Assets|
To Live and Die in Alderney is a mission in Grand Theft Auto IV given by Phil Bell to protagonist Niko Bellic. It sees you finally offloading the truckload of heroin you stole from the Triads earlier in the game (in the mission Truck Hustle). However, the operation does not go smoothly; the FIB are watching the house where the drugs are being stored and soon move in to arrest everyone involved.
Phil says it's time to shift the heroin that Phil's nephew Frankie has been "sitting on". Niko drives Phil Bell to the old mansion in Westdyke. FIB agents and police officers surround the house just as the group are about to leave. Bell calls Frankie an idiot because he let the FIB spy on the heroin.
Niko, Frankie, and Bell open Frankie's garage and get into two separate cars loaded with "horse". Niko and Frankie follow Phil on a wild chase throughout Alderney, eventually abandoning their cars and switching to a van Phil left behind the hospital.
Niko drives Phil Bell and Frankie Gallo to Pizza This... in Westdyke, where they separate and enjoy their cut of the money.
- The mission takes its name from the movie To Live and Die in L.A., which also features a lengthy car chase sequence, although it differs significantly from that featured in the game.
- Frankie does not need to survive in order for the mission to be completed.
- This mission is the best mission to obtain an FIB Buffalo, as at least three arrive at Frankie's lock upn after the cutscene of the cocaine. To obtain the FIB Buffalos, kill the FIB officers and store the Buffalos in a parking space. Then go back and finish the mission.
- The FIB Buffalos will arrive, regardless of the player's current wanted level.
- Strangely when you get to the van the NOOSE Agents in the helicopter have AK-47s.
- Picking up the van may work differently depending on how the level plays out. After killing the cops in the alley way, the game tells you to proceed to the van, but Frankie and Phil may run in the opposite direction and wait on a street corner for you to run the 2-3 blocks to pick up the van (and destroy the helicopter that attacks). It seems to depend on whether the alleyway leading from the original battle is blocked or not. Either way, after destroying the helicopter and obtaining the van, you need to drive back to wherever Frankie and Phil are waiting, before losing your wanted level.
- Niko gets to keep the van after the mission ends.