The Tornado is a two-door lowrider featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Tornado assumes the design of a late-1950s coupe, with signature sweeping curves and tailfins. The front half of the car (and most of the front bumper and grille) and rear window resemble those of a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air, while the windscreen, sides, back side and bottom half of the front bumper resemble a 1958 Chevrolet Bel Air.
The car serves as one of several gang cars for the Los Santos Vagos.
Having only two doors, the Tornado is only designed to carry two occupants, and as a result, is not a good choice for drive-bys because it lacks the four-seats that many other gang cars have. The car does make up for this deficiency with its above average top speed and acceleration (faster than most four-door lowriders), as well as its generally stable cornering even with its long wheelbase that is supposed to hamper the car's maneuverability. Its low ground clearance, however, clearly makes the car unsuitable for rugged off-roading.
The Tornado is also durable and can take a good bit of gunfire before exploding. Although it doesn't appear to have a visible fuel cap, it will explode if the back license plate is shot.
- In Grand Theft Auto IV, a car very similar to the Tornado can be seen in a picture in the back room of The Triangle Club in the borough of Bohan the only difference being that it has double headlights (much like the '58 Bel Air).
- The default radio station in the Tornado is Radio Los Santos.
- The Tornado is the lowest vehicle in the game and the only lowrider and/or car capable of real dragging. Dropping its rear end on the ground produces a continuous stream of sparks like a minitruck. This trick can be executed through the aid of hydraulics by nose up with right analog stick (PS2), or the #8 button or, by pressing H, then #2 button (PC).
- It is possible that the Tornado make an appearance in Grand Theft Auto V; a car similar with this can been see in the background when the possible protagonist's men hopping out from Bustars van.
- Usually found in Los Santos Vagos territories in Los Santos.
- After all Vagos territory is seized, the car will only appear under the following conditions.
- Spawns often while driving a Blade.
- Though you have to carjack it, mark the map, and come back after a failed race, Tornados will spawn during Little Loop & City Circuit races in Los Santos.
- Spawns more often when the beater/junk car traffic cheat is activated.