Trevor Philips during Trevor Philips Industries, in GTA V.
GTA V |
|Full Name||Trevor Philips|
|Place of Birth||Canada|
|Date of Death||2013 (optional)|
|Home||Blaine County, Los Santos, San Andreas|
Mrs. Philips (mother)|
Ryan Philips (brother, deceased)
Michael Townley/De Santa (until 2004, again in 2013)|
Bradley Snider (until 2004)
Wade Hebert (from 2012)
Ashley Butler (2013)
Johnny Klebitz (2013)
Protagonist (GTA Online) (2013)
Floyd Hebert (2013)
Franklin Clinton (from 2013)
Patricia Madrazo (2013)
Lamar Davis (from 2013)
Chop (from 2013)
|Voiced by||Steven Ogg|
Trevor Philips was born to Mrs. Philips and an unnamed father in Canada, close to the American border, and was, with his brother Ryan, raised by his physically abusive father and overbearing mother. His brother Ryan died at an unknown time and in unclear circumstances. He implies, during the events of GTA V, that he sodomised his hockey coach. He also developed a fear of clowns as a child. He claims that his father abandoned him in a shopping mall and that he later burned the mall down, that he swallowed a nose ring during the 1990s and that he was once the Canadian under-eighteen golfing champion and that he almost turned professional. Trevor mentions during a hangout with Franklin Clinton that he's lived in two countries, fifteen states, had eight fathers, fourteen homes, a damaged flower of a mother, and has committed every mortal sin. Trevor later joined the military and flew jets in the hope of dropping "the nuke" but was discharged due to his mental instability.
He began committing petty crimes before meeting Michael Townley, after being recommended to Michael, and joined him in escorting cargo across the Canadian/American border. Michael arrived to their meeting point being chased by a man who was killed by Trevor, his first kill someone with a reason, before the two disposed of the body. He and Michael continued to work together and later robbed a bank for cashed cheques. Trevor, however, was identified by a friend and was sentenced to six months in prison but served only four months. He later implies to Ralph Ostrowski that he raped men while in prison, although this could be an attempt to convince Ostrowski not to try and escape.
Trevor joined Michael once more and the two began to pull off larger heists. Their friendship began to strain when Michael began to date a stripper called Amanda. Michael and Amanda then married and had two children, with Michael wanting to take less risks in order to protect his new family while Trevor seemingly takes a liking to the children, who call him uncle. The two, however, did continue to pull off certain heists and in 2004 had planned to rob a bank in Ludendorff with Bradley Snider and an unnamed accomplice. The four pull off the robbery but Bradley and Michael are shot by FIB agent Dave Norton, who had been tipped off about their escape route by Michael who had looked to escape the FIB ambush. Trevor, after attempting to hold off the police, manages to escape through the snowy wilderness and believes that Bradley had been sent to a federal prison and Michael had died, with a funeral even taking place. Trevor, however, was unaware of Michael's deception and that Bradley had been killed, buried in Michael's grave.
Trevor later moves to a trailer in Sandy Shores, Blaine County and establishes Trevor Philips Industries, a small criminal gang that manufactures and supplies methamphetamine to the people of Blaine County, with the help of Chef, and also smuggles weapons to Oscar Guzmán. He also acquires a tattoo on his left shoulder reading "RIP Michael". Trevor later convinces Ron Jakowski to divorce his wife and leave his job, moving next door to Trevor and joining his gang and then established links to The Lost Brotherhood motorcycle gang. In 2012 he and Chef are joined by Wade Hebert, who had been looking for drugs in Sandy Shores before going to Los Santos with his friends Daisy Bell and Kush-Chronic, who were killed by Trevor. His movements after the bank robbery in Ludendorff are followed by agent Norton, who writes letters to Trevor pretending to be Bradley in prison.
In early 2013 he begins to occasionally have sex with Ashley Butler, a Lost member and girlfriend of Johnny Klebitz, the former leader of the Lost Brotherhood. Trevor then continues to have an associate, who had formerly been hampering Trevor's gang, work against the Lost Brotherhood and others to re-establish some control of Blaine County. Later in the year while having sex with Ashley, he sees a Weazel News report about a heist at Vangelico's Fine Jewelry store in Los Santos and after hearing an eye witnesses account, realises that Michael Townley had been involved. He leaves his trailer and is confronted by Johnny about his sexual relationship with Ashley. Trevor, after losing his temper, kills Johnny and drives to Stab City where he kills a number of the Lost Brotherhood gang members, including Clay Simons and Terry Thorpe.
He orders Wade Hebert, who along with Ron Jakowski had accompanied Trevor, to locate Michael in Los Santos before leaving with Ron to take out Ortega, a Los Varrios Aztecas gang member. While waiting for Wade, he continues to expand his operations in Blaine County and attempts to forge links with the Wei Cheng Triads. The gangs leader, Wei Cheng, sends his son and his sons translator to discuss a possible partnership but, when they were about to inspect Trevor's methamphetamine lab they were placed into an exterior refridgerator for their own safety. Trevor, after killing the attacking bikers, let the two out. The two leave without any further interaction with Trevor and later agree to work with the O'Neil Brothers. An angry Trevor later kills all but three of the O'Neil brothers and destroys their farm.
Wade then returns and informs Trevor that there are two Michael Townley's in Los Santos but neither match Trevors description but a Michael De Santa, married to a woman called Amanda and with two children, matches the description. Trevor, after killing more Lost Brotherhood gang members and destroying their camp, drives to Los Santos with Wade to an apartment that Wade's cousin Floyd lives in. Trevor later confronts Michael at his house, much to the dismay of Amanda, and teams with Michael once again to stop Michael's daughter Tracey from auditioning for Fame or Shame. The pair chase Lazlow through Los Santos and into the Los Santos River, with Trevor forcing Lazlow to take off his trousers and dance, which he also records with his phone and later posts to the internet.
Trevor continues to live with Floyd and Wade in the apartment but, after learning Floyd works at the Port of Los Santos, begins to create plans to pull off a heist with Michael. Floyd is forced to take Trevor and Wade to the docks where they work, with Trevor noticing a freighter being protected by Merryweather Security Consulting. Floyd explains that nobody is allowed near the freighter and Trevor, assuming the cargo is valuable, begins to plan a way of stealing the cargo. Trevor, however, is later taken to Covington Engineering Services in El Burro Heights where, along with Michael and Franklin Clinton, are forced to retrieve Ferdinand Kerimov from the IAA building for the FIB. The three successfully retrieve Kerimov and Trevor keeps the helicopter for himself, flying it back to his airfield in Blaine County. Trevor later helps the FIB and agents Norton, whom he recognises but can not place where he knows him from, and Steve Haines to torture Kerimov allowing Michael, with the information given by Kerimov relayed by Haines, to kill an Azerbaijani terrorist suspect. It is also suggested that he sexually assaults Floyd while living at the apartment and also has sex with Mr. Strawberry Jam, a teddy bear owned by Floyd's fiancé. Trevor also helps Franklin and Lamar Davis in their attempt to purchase drugs from a Ballas gangster on Grove St, which is a set up by Stretch to kill Franklin and Lamar, who escape with Trevor and Lamar's dog Chop.
Trevor, having finalised his plans, enlists the help of Michael, Franklin, Wade and Floyd to pull off the heist and steals the cargo despite being warned by former associate Lester Crest that the cargo, a military weapon capable of destroying Los Santos. The gang, after realising that Lester was correct, abandon the cargo. Trevor, angry at not getting anything from the heist, is forced to ambush a Securicar carrying IAA bonds for the FIB and then begins to work with Devin Weston, stealing two sports cars with Michael and Franklin, and then helping Franklin to steal a Z-Type owned by Chad Mulligan.
Around this time while in Los Santos, Trevor also comes into contact with a number of different people including Nigel and Mrs. Thornhill, for whom he steals Tyler Dixon's clothes, Willie McTavish's golden tooth and Kerry McIntosh's dogs collar, kills Mark Fostenburg for his golf club and kidnaps Al Di Napoli, later having the option to kill him. He also meets real estate agent Josh Bernstein, agreeing to hinder and later beat up Josh's rival, Lenny Avery, and burn down Josh's house. Josh later informs the police and has them try to arrest Trevor, who escapes. The player can also choose to kill Josh. He also meets MaryAnn Quinn and, after beating her now ex-boyfriend, beats her in a bike race in Vinewood Hills. Trevor also encounters Barry and, after smoking some powerful marijuana, has a halucination he is being attacked by clowns. In Blaine County meanwhile, he assists Joe and Josef to 'arrest' various people they believe to be illegal immigrants, including Manuel, and later kills the duo on orders from Manuel who had been released by the police after proving he was an American.
Trevor again works with Michael to kill Javier Madrazo, the cousin of Mexican-American drug cartel leader Martin Madrazo, for Martin who did not want his cousin to testify against him in an upcoming trial. Trevor also kidnaps Martin's wife, Patricia Madrazo, as he could not stand to witness Martin treat his wife badly and after having a dispute with Martin about payment for killing his cousin. Trevor, along with Michael and Patricia, are forced into hiding at his trailer in Sandy Shores.
Trevor and Michael, despite being in hiding, are forced to to rob the Blaine County Savings Bank to obtain funds to perform a terrorist attack on the FIB building for FIB agents Norton, Haines and Andreas Sanchez. Trevor, Michael and Franklin, with technical and planning support from Lester, successfully pull off the heist despite the involvement of the military, and also steals an artifact from a train that he and Michael had derailed. While in hiding Trevor also hijacks a Merryweather plane containing weapons and, with help from Michael, Franklin and Chop, locates and kills Elwood, Walton and Wynn O'Neil. The Wei Cheng Triads also locate Trevor during this time, witnessing his close relationship with Michael.
Michael and Trevor eventually return to Los Santos after Trevor returns Patricia to her husband, despite having fallen in love with her, and immediately takes control of the Vanilla Unicorn strip club by secretly killing the clubs owner Leon. He later keeps Wade at the club, with a never ending string of lap dances, in an attempt to distract him after killing his cousin Floyd his fiancé Debra. He begins planning both one last heist, for a large score, and the terrorist attack on the FIB building. Having had a long time to think about the events of the ill-fated bank robbery in Ludendorff, he flies back to the small town to dig up Michael's grave. After digging up the grave and opening the casket, he finds a decomposed Bradley Snider and begins to shout at Michael, who had followed him to prevent him from discovering the truth, warning Michael that he will kill him at some point in the future. Trevor's anger stemmed not from Bradley being murdered, describing Bradley as a "dick", but at the fact that Michael had betrayed his friends. Trevor leaves but Michael is kidnapped by the Triads, who attempt to kidnap Trevor by killing Michael, believing them to be lovers, although Michael is later rescued by Franklin.
Trevor continues to watch Michael from a distance and helps him and agent Norton escape an ambush from the IAA, FIB and Merryweather at the Kortz Center, and is later tricked into working with Michael again to rescue Lamar, who had been kidnapped by the Ballas in another attempt by Stretch to have him killed. Trevor and Michael later agree to work together one last time to pull off the biggest heist by robbing the Union Depository, which they successfully do with a group of accomplices and Lester.
The player is the left to determine the games ending. The player can either kill Michael as Franklin, with Trevor ending his friendship with Franklin or to kill Trevor. A third option, to save both, results in the trio killing their enemies (Wei Cheng, Stretch, Steve Haines and Devin Weston), with the three agreeing to end their business relationship but maintain their friendship, with Michael and Trevor fianlly coming to terms with their past. Trevor later meets his mother at his trailer and steals a van of Deludomol for her but, after returning to his trailer, discovers that his mother has left without informing him.
The game reveals that Trevor has become increasingly unstable throughout his life, partly due to his abusive father and overbearing mother, and partly from his addiction to drugs and alcohol. Despite these issues, he is always honest with his dealings with others. Trevor frequently points out the hypocrisy of those around him, believing himself to be a moral person. He encourages rumours that he has been involved in acts of cannibalism, incest and necrophilia, while it is also suggested that he has sodomised his hockey coach and raped Floyd Hebert. The player can, on certain occasions, also have Trevor deliver people to the Altruist Cult, which is implied to consist of cannibalistic killers, which Trevor knows. He has explosive anger, such as when he killed Johnny, and does not always realise the extent of his actions, having told Johnny to "get up" after he had killed him.
His abandonment issues also leave him desperate for some sort of relationship with those around him. He reduces Wade Hebert and Ron Jakowski to dependents and shows genuine interest and concern about Maude Eccles, Patricia Madrazo, Michael De Santa and his mother, and later Franklin Clinton and Lamar Davis. He appears to fall in love with Patricia while holding her hostage while Patricia shows some sort of affection to Trevor in return. While confronting Debra and Floyd Hebert, he tells them how he wants to live with them. He also attempts to keep Wade from discovering the truth that he murdered his cousin Floyd, and his fiancé Debra, by keeping him at the Vanilla Unicorn strip club with continual lap dances. He also shows genuine concern for Michael and Amanda's children, Jimmy and Tracey, despite disliking Amanda and, for a certain time, Michael. He also refuses to kill Ferdinand Kerimov, believing he had endured enough while being tortured, and drives him to the airport.
He appears to be extremely protective over women, criticising Wade for calling Ashley Butler a "bitch". He also criticises the Los Santos Police Department, Joe and Josef for their racist ways and, despite killing without reason, criticises the FIB for their use of torture, which he had been involved in. He dislikes being called a "motherfucker", which he takes literally, and also takes offense to people talking about his Canadian heritage, both of which trigger an uncontrolable rage. Dave Norton and Steve Haines, when asking Franklin to kill Trevor, describe him as uncontrollable.
- Johnny Klebitz (killed for angering him after he realised Michael is still alive)
- Terry Thorpe (killed to wipe out The Lost Brotherhood in Blaine County)
- Clay Simons (killed to wipe out The Lost Brotherhood in Blaine County)
- Ortega (killed to wipe out the Los Varrios Aztecas in Blaine County)
- Dale O'Neil (killed for stealing his contract with the Wei Cheng Triads)
- Dalton O'Neil (killed for stealing his contract with the Wei Cheng Triads)
- Dan O'Neil (killed for stealing his contract with the Wei Cheng Triads)
- Daryl O'Neil (killed for stealing his contract with the Wei Cheng Triads)
- Don O'Neil (killed for stealing his contract with the Wei Cheng Triads)
- Doyle O'Neil (killed for stealing his contract with the Wei Cheng Triads)
- Earl O'Neil (killed for stealing his contract with the Wei Cheng Triads)
- Ernie O'Neil (killed for stealing his contract with the Wei Cheng Triads)
- Ned O'Neil (killed for stealing his contract with the Wei Cheng Triads)
- Javier Madrazo (assisted Michael in killing Javier to prevent him from testifying against Martin Madrazo)
- Mark Fostenburg (killed to steal his golf club)
- Joe (killed for arresting those they believed to be illegal immigrants)
- Josef (killed for arresting those they believed to be illegal immigrants)
- Floyd Hebert (killed for drawing a knife against him)
- Debra (killed for drawing a pistol against him)
- Leon (killed to take control of the Vanilla Unicorn)
- Steve Haines (killed for crossing him, Michael and Franklin, only in The Third Way)
- Devin Weston (killed for crossing him, Michael and Franklin, only in The Third Way alongside Michael and Franklin)
- Optional murders
- Ashley Butler (can be killed after killing Johnny Klebitz; however, if spared, she dies in a crack orgy later in the game)
- Ralph Ostrowski (can be killed for bail jumping; however, capturing him alive earns more money)
- Larry Tupper (can be killed for bail jumping; however, capturing him alive earns more money)
- Glenn Scoville (can be killed for bail jumping; however, capturing him alive earns more money)
- Curtis Weaver (can be killed for bail jumping; however, capturing him alive earns more money)
- Josh Bernstein (can be killed for double crossing him by attempting to have him arrested; however, he must be killed to earn a gold medal for Breach of Contract)
- MC Clip (can be killed while stealing his jet ski in Hood Safari)
- Al Di Napoli (can be killed after being held hostage by Nigel and Mrs. Thornhill; however, he must be killed to earn a gold medal for Vinewood Souveniers - The Last Act)
- Peter Dreyfuss (can be killed for killing Leonora Johnson although the player can also use Franklin Clinton or Michael De Santa in the mission)
- GTA V
- Mr. Philips
- Nervous Ron (Boss)
- Trevor Philips Industries
- Crystal Maze
- Friends Reunited
- Fame or Shame
- Three's Company
- By the Book
- Hood Safari
- Scouting the Port (Boss)
- Minisub (Boss)
- Cargobob (Boss)
- The Merryweather Heist (Boss)
- Trash Truck (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Boiler Suits (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Masks (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Tow Truck (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Blitz Play
- I Fought the Law
- Eye in the Sky
- Caida Libre
- Minor Turbulence
- Paleto Score Setup
- Military Hardware (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- The Paleto Score
- Derailed (Boss)
- Hang Ten (Boss)
- Surveying the Score
- Bury the Hatchet
- Fresh Meat
- The Wrap Up
- Lamar Down
- Planning the Big Score
- Stingers (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Gauntlet (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Driller (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Sidetracked (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- The Big Score
- Something Sensible (One of the ending options, killed)
- The Third Way (One of the ending options)
- Strangers and Freaks
- A Starlet in Vinewood (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Grass Roots - Trevor
- Rampage One
- Rampage Two
- Rampage Three
- Rampage Four
- Rampage Five
- Target Practice
- Fair Game
- The Civil Border Patrol
- An American Welcome
- Minute Man Blues
- Nigel and Mrs. Thornhill
- Vinewood Souvenirs - Willie
- Vinewood Souvenirs - Tyler
- Vinewood Souvenirs - Kerry
- Vinewood Souvenirs - Mark
- Vinewood Souvenirs - Al Di Napoli
- Vinewood Souvenirs - The Last Act
- GTA Online
- Romance Isn't Dead
- Lost My Mind (Boss)
- Turbine Carbine
- Crystal Clear Out (Boss)
- Out of Harmony (Boss)
- Satellite Communications (Boss)
- Method in the Madness (Boss)
- Chopper Trail (Boss)
- Diamonds are for Trevor (Boss)
Trevor's special ability is to become enraged, resulting in him taking less damage while being attacked.
- Trevor has a tattoo on his neck that consists of a dotted line and an instruction stating "Cut here" in the center of his neck and a tattoo on his left shoulder that reads "RIP Michael".
- Unlike Michael and Franklin, Trevor did not appear in the first GTA V trailer.
- Trevor is the first protagonist to willfully use drugs in their respective game.
- Trevor was the first protagonist of GTA V to have his full name revealed.
- Trevor mentions that he grew up in Canada near the United States border, although his actual place of birth is disputed. Trevor's voice actor, Steven Ogg, is Canadian.
- Trevor is the first protagonist in the whole GTA series who can successfully kill another protagonist from the previous game.
- In the European version of the game, when switching to Trevor he will sometimes be on top of a mountain wearing nothing but a dress. He will not be wearing underwear and you can see his penis. This is the only known way to get Trevor to go commando.
- If the player decides to assassinate Trevor, it is unknown if Wade or someone else takes over the Vanilla Unicorn after his death.
- Despite disliking the word "motherfucker", he uses it on numerous occasions in GTA V.