This article refers to the Triad Boss character in GTA IV with his own Triad group. It is unknown if his organisation is affiliated with the other big organisations - the Jaoming, Lee and Ming families - although an affiliation with the Jaoming Family is most likely as they are known to deal heroin with the Angels of Death as well as the Ming Family which their business deals with renovation.
In 2008, The Triad Boss' cousins had come to Liberty City on the Platypus smuggling a shipment of heroin. At one point the Angels of Death had stole the heroin off of these Triads, which was later stolen by the Lost MC.
The Triad Boss was about to open a new club, (inside the Dragon Heart Plaza) and Rocco Pelosi assured him that Tony Prince would see that the drinking license for the club was granted. However when Tony and Luis Lopez meet with the Triad to supposedly grant him the license it becomes apparent that there was some miscommunication between the two parties, which only serves to anger the Triad Boss. He then enters into an arguement with the pair which results in him pulling a firearm on Luis and promptly being knocked out. Tony and Luis are then forced to eliminated waves of the Triads henchmen in order to escape from the building.
At about the same time, The Lost are on their way to the same building in order to sell the Triads back some heroin that they had previously robbed from the Angels of Death. What is unknown to The Lost's Vice President Johnny Klebitz is that President Billy Grey had previously met with the Triad Boss ahead of the meeting to arrange a set up wherein Johnny and his friend Jim Fitzgerald would be killed as they attempted to hand over the drugs. However all doesn't go according to plan and Johnny and Jim manage to escape after a heated firefight with the triads. It then becomes apparent that the triads intention was to simply take back the heroin thus screwing Billy over. It is also possible that the triads beat Billy up as he appears battered outside the Plaza shortly after the handover. This is the last we see of the Triad boss although he is presumably alive as he is not killed in either of his two appearances.
- The Lost and Damned
- The Ballad of Gay Tony
- He is called Triad 1 in The Lost and Damned's ending credits and Triad in The Ballad of Gay Tony's ending credits.
- His facial texture and looks are much improved in The Ballad of Gay Tony. He has a shorter haircut, although his clothing is the same.
- It is likely that the drugs stolen by Niko Bellic in Alderney were the drugs owned by the Triad Boss.
- After Luis knocks him out, its is possible to shoot his laid out body, he will however remain alive; this is so he can still deal with Johnny and Jim.
- He may possibly be Wu Lee from Chinatown Wars as they look similar. He could also be another Triad boss, or Mr. Lee.