The Trucking side-mission is located at the RS Haul depot in Flint County, just west of Los Santos. The missions are activated by standing inside the red mission marker. The business generates $2,000 per day after completing all eight trucking missions. They become available after completing Catalina's mission, Tanker Commander, which features one of the depot's employees, Mr. Whittaker.
The missions consist of either delivering cargo within a time limit, delivering an illegal cargo whilst being pursued by the police, or delivering a fragile cargo without damaging it. The successive missions are increasingly difficult, with tighter time limits, stronger police attention or more easily damaged cargo. Leaving the cab or detaching the trailer for too long will result in mission failure.
Goods must be delivered quickly. The player starts with a maximum of $1,000. A timer will tell you when the player has to be at the destination. If the goods are late, cash will be cut in half. If it's more late, cash will be cut in half again. Even more late and the mission will be failed. Destinations include:
Goods must be delivered without damage. The player starts with a maximum of $1,500. A damage bar will record the amount of damage your cab and your cargo receives. The more damage your cargo receives, the less cash will be given to the player. Destinations include:
- Montgomery, East San Andreas (2)
Illegal goods must be delivered. The player starts with $2,000. The player will receive a minimum wanted level of three stars once the player leaves the compound. The wanted level can not be decreased. Locations include:
Missions 4 and 5 need the player to be able to access San Fierro.
Similar to mission 1, goods must be delivered quickly. The player starts with a maximum of $3,000. Destinations include:
Similar to mission 1 but the goods are extremely fragile. (The truck is damaged and cannot be repaired, not even with cheats) The player starts with a maximum of $4,000. Destinations include:
Missions 6 to 8 need the player to be able to access Las Venturas.
Similar to mission 3, illegal goods must be delivered. The player starts with a maximum of $5,000. Destinations include:
Goods must be delivered quickly without damage, a combination of missions 1 and 2. The player starts with a maximum of $7,000. Destinations include:
Similar to mission 3 but with highly illegal goods. The player will receive a minimum wanted level of four stars once the player leaves the compound. The player starts with $10,000.
- Redsands West, Las Venturas (2)
- Whitewood Estates, Las Venturas (2)
- Las Venturas Airport Depot, Las Venturas
- Starfish Casino, Las Venturas
- Creek, Las Venturas
- Spinybed, Las Venturas
- Pilgrim, Las Venturas
- Rockshore East, Las Venturas (2)
- Randolph Ind. Est., Las Venturas
- LVA Freight depot, Las Venturas
- Las Venturas Airport, Las Venturas
After completing the Trucking side mission, the player can return to start the Trucking mission with all future missions randomly ordered.
- Plan a route on the map before a start of motion. Use quickest path (dirt roads) in time-based missions and safest path (wide roads, minimum of turns needed) in damage-based missions.
- In missions with illegal goods delivery make a way partially on rails, tunnels and dedicated bridges effectively isolate you from prosecution by police. But in open places (desert, countryside) you better quickly return to paved road because on rails your speed will be limited, making you an easy mark for the police helicopters.
- Avoid sharp turns, the trailer can come off.
- Do not allow law enforcement vehicles or traffic cars enter between cab and the trailer, you immediately will lose cargo.
- Law enforcement vehicles, in particular the Police Rancher, will constantly attempt to drive against the cab of the truck and push it off the road. To negate this, look out for solid objects, such as signposts, that you can ram or coast the police vehicles into to get them off your tail.