Tuff Gong Radio
The station's existence is an apparent nod to the late Bob Marley, a prominent reggae artist. Indeed, the station's playlist consists of nothing but music from Bob Marley & The Wailers, as well as Bob Marley's two sons, Stephen Marley and Damian Marley. The "Tuff Gong" name itself may be derived from a nickname of Bob Marley's (after Rastafari leader Leonard "The Gong" Howell), or the name of the label founded by Bob Marley & The Wailers in 1970.
As RamJam FM replaces Tuff Gong Radio and Massive B Soundsystem in Episodes from Liberty City, the station will not be available in the compilation's version of The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony.
- Stephen Marley - "Chase Dem" (2005)
- Bob Marley and the Wailers - "Concrete Jungle" (The Unreleased Original Jamaican Version) (1973)
- Bob Marley and the Wailers - "Pimper's Paradise" (1980)
- Bob Marley and the Wailers - "Rat Race" (1975)
- Bob Marley and the Wailers - "Rebel Music (3 O'Clock Roadblock)" (1978)
- Bob Marley and the Wailers - "Satisfy My Soul" (1978)
- Bob Marley and the Wailers - "So Much Trouble In The World" (1979)
- Damian Marley - "Stand Up Jamrock" (2005)
- Bob Marley and the Wailers - "Wake Up & Live (Parts 1 & 2)" (1979)
Carl Bradshaw Quotes
- Hear me now people. Why take a camera phone picture of life instead of living it? I dash my camera phone and my radio and my television in the river, and find myself looking upon Zion, the musical mountain for my redemption. So flee from their evil ways bredren and sitren, and follow the righteous sound called Tuff Gong.
- Now hear this… you love the greenback, but capitalism will kill a man, even if it makes him rich… Remember that!
- Some people call me and say, this here music makes you lazy… But hear what! The people in liberty city, all dey thinking about is makin a million dolla. What can you buy in liberty city with a million dolla? Except a broom closet to sleep in.
- This is the greatest music ever played man, so throw your mp3 player in the trash.
- Like ya need to own three car, and a big apartment. Ya hear me liberty city?
- And the day you stop racing is the day you win the race.
- Don’t let the lies get you down Liberty City. They lie to us, but it is them who suffer the most.
- And they say, Liberty City is the pimper's paradise… but I, Uncle Bradshaw don’t think so
- If your under a tree taking a nap in the park, the current time is afternoon. Ha ha.
- Now, you're gonna hear about a lot of things you don't need... I'm warnin ya.
- In GTA IV's audio files, Tuff Gong Radio is named "Babylon", implying that that was its name during development.
- Tuff Gong Radio is the favorite station of Little Jacob (alongside Massive B Soundsystem 96.9).