The boat is very large, and as expected for a vehicle of its size, is very slow, even more so than a Reefer. The Tug also possesses heavy control and very poor stopping power (due to the vehicle being a watercraft, coupled with its weight). The Tug is by far the largest controllable vehicle in the game, and second largest in the entire series thus far, after the AT-400, boasting a huge and sturdy hull, and a three-story superstructure (including a funnel) with the bridge attached on the top (other portions of the superstructure are inaccessible).In the Lost And Damned the tug's front is extended a tiny bit. The Tug has an obvious industrial use in GTA IV, and it is most likely used to move the large garbage boats dotted around the cities waters.
Whilst on the Tug, the player cannot run, but the player may move faster if they aim with the pistol. Pressing the correct button to board the ship will also cause the player to automatically walk to the wheel of the boat. This vehicle can only properly contain one person in multiplayer (the driver), although others can still stand on the deck, however these players will lose some control of their characters.
When the boat is moving, they will also begin to glide off slowly; if anyone stands at the front of the boat they will actually pass through the superstructure and see the water beneath. It is possible for passengers to stay on the boat by hanging onto the side of the boat's hull without letting go.
- Located in the water just west of Colony Island (between Colony Island and Algonquin).
- Located in a warehouse in Port Tudor (inaccessible), it is well maintained.
- Located in the little channel of water that separates Tudor from Acter Industrial Park, near the dilapidated bridge.
- Located in the water north of Alderney State Correctional Facility.
- The boat is also referred to as a "Tuga" in the game files.
- When in the water, the player can board the ship by pressing "Enter Vehicle", and the player will do a leap for the side, but often cannot climb up onto the deck. If that does not work then players can park another boat alongside, jump on it and then jump on the Tug.
- In multiplayer, a person flying a helicopter can knock the tug by clipping the top of it.
- In multiplayer, these can make for good sniping platforms, although less so than most buildings.
- If you see extreme lag on multiplayer or single player, it is sometimes because this boat is touching land.
- It is impossible to land a car on one of these. It is not because of a lack of space or an inability to find a ramp to fly off of onto this, but because of an invisible shield that prevents cars, trucks, motorcycles, or any other vehicle from landing on these boats.(2:47)
- Sometimes when you start the boat, the radio will delay turning on for about 3 seconds.
- If you shut off the boat's engine, than turn it back on, it will sometimes not make a sound.