The boat is very large, and as expected for a vehicle of its size, is very slow, even more so than a Reefer. The Tug Boat also possesses heavy control and very poor stopping power (due to the vehicle being a watercraft, coupled with its weight). The Tug Boat is by far the largest controllable boat in the game, and probably the entire series thus far, boasting a huge and sturdy hull, and a three-storey superstructure (including a funnel) with the bridge attached on the top (other portions of the superstructure are inaccessible).In the Lost And Damned the tug's front is extended a tiny bit.
Whilst on the Tug Boat, the player cannot run, but the player may move faster if they aim with the pistol. Pressing the correct button to board the ship will also cause the player to automatically walk to the wheel of the boat. This vehicle can only properly contain one person in multiplayer (the driver), although others can still stand on the deck, however these players will lose some control of their characters. When the boat is moving, they will also begin to glide off slowly; if anyone stands at the front of the boat they will actually pass through the superstructure and see the water beneath. NOTE- It IS possible for passengers to safely ride the vehicle, but they will have to hang onto the side of the boat WITHOUT pressing X or Y. (Xbox 360 version)
- When the boat explodes, it will keel over just like wrecks seen around the south coast of Alderney. Though the boat is very difficult to destroy due to it's huge size.
- When in the water, the player can board the ship by pressing "Enter Vehicle", and the player will do a giant leap for the side.
- In multiplayer, a person flying a helicopter can knock the tug by clipping the top of it.
- In multiplayer, these can make for good sniping platforms, although less so than most buildings.
- If you see extreme lag on multiplayer or single player, it is sometimes because this boat is touching land.
- Due to an invisible shield surrounding the Tug boat, it is near impossible to load and carry a vehicle on the rear platform of the boat.
- In multiplayer, the boat's forward movement will cause all non-driver passengers to move back on the ship, eventually falling off. The only way to maintain a constant position on the boat would be to walk in the direction of the boat's movement.
- In the game's files, the boat is referred to as "tuga"