- For the mission in GTA III, see Turismo (mission). For the race in GTA Vice City Stories, see Turismo (race).
Rear quarter view)|
A Turismo in GTA San Andreas.
[[Appearance::GTA San Andreas|
GTA Chinatown Wars]]
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door sports car|
|Manufacturer||Grotti (GTA IV)|
GTA San Andreas
The Turismo debuted in GTA San Andreas, where it appears to be a mid-engined sports car based on the Ferrari F40 with a modified spoiler and rear design.
GTA IV — GTA Chinatown Wars
The Grotti Turismo in GTA IV is based heavily on the Ferrari 360, with a few cues from the similarly designed Ferrari F430; the rear fascia, however, consists of a sleek taillight-radiator cluster, with four-sided taillights (as opposed to the 360's circular lights). The rims, which resemble three-piece O-Z Racing Superleggera rims, are installed over cross-drilled brake rotors. The Turismo also lacks an external rod antenna. There are two aesthetic variants, one with flat slatted grills and another with scooped intakes, both located on the rear fenders.
The Turismo's interior features two bucket sport seats and full leather appointments finished in classic Ferrari tan. The car also features a fully-carpeted boot in front of the cabin with ample space for luggage (which will be revealed after significantly damaging the front of the car.
All Turismos in GTA IV come with horn alarms, but the one at Mikhail Faustin's house will not trigger when Niko opens the door because it is unlocked. However, if you damage the car in any way, the alarm will go off regardless of whether you're in the car or not.
The Turismo in GTA Chinatown Wars, being similar to GTA IV's Turismo, is similarly modeled after the Ferrari 360.
GTA San Andreas
Although the F40 is rear wheel drive, the Turismo is 4-wheel-drive. Regardless, it is one of the fastest and best handling cars in the game. The engine in the Turismo in GTA San Andreas could very well be a Twin Turbo V8, just like the F40, because it sounds and performs just like it.
GTA IV — GTA Chinatown Wars
According to Autoeroticar.com, the car's engine in GTA IV is a high-revving 4.0L Quad Cam V8. It is the second fastest car in the game according to the game files, it has a maximum speed of 103 mph (165 km/h), it's one of the fastest of the supercars, second only to the Comet, tying with the Coquette, (but the Coquette is faster off the line) and beating Infernus down to third, the tremendous speed of this vehicle can also eject the player through the windshield quite easily in GTA IV. Handling of the car is acceptable do to the Turismo good brakes, but the car is susceptible to burnouts during cornering due to excess torque and it's rear wheel drive; this trait is not evident in the GTA Chinatown Wars rendition.
In GTA IV, a Turismo is requested as part of Stevie's Car Thefts, with a uniquely metallic beige body color. As a new Turismo will respawn at the same spot until the player delivers one to S&M Auto Sales, the player can save one at their safehouse before delivering another.
In GTA Chinatown Wars, a second distinct variant of the Turismo exists as a gang car for the "Mob". Available only in black, the "Mob" Turismo is more alike a Coquette in body design; in other respects, the "Mob" variant stack up evenly with the regular Turismo in terms of performance.
The requested Turismo in Stevie's Car Thefts in GTA IV.
Modifications (GTA San Andreas)
- Nitro (all)
- At Zero RC in Garcia, San Fierro, there are boxes of a model car based on the Turismo but called the "Tourismo", a common misspelling of Turismo.
- "Turismo" is Spanish and Portuguese for Tourism or, in automotive language, a tourer.
- The GTA San Andreas Turismo is unique for having a single exhaust pipe mounted in the middle.
- At $130,000, the Turismo is one of the most expensive car in GTA IV when sold to S&M Auto Sales in Stevie's Car Thefts, higher than the Super GT ($110,000) and second only to the Infernus ($150,000). Upon completion of Stevie's Car Thefts, additional Tusrimo's can be sold at S&M Auto Sales repeatedly for $11,000 each, the highest payout at that point of time.
- The Turismo plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- The Turismo in GTA IV has no front turning lights.
- GTA San Andreas
- Spawns while driving a Euros on The Strip, Las Venturas (Wed).
- Spawns while walking around The Visage & Pirates in Men's Pants, Las Venturas (Wed/Thur).
- May also spawn other nights/conditions along The Strip, LV.
- Importable from Easter Basin (San Fierro) after completing export lists, only on Monday. Import cost: $76,000.
- May be obtained from Las Venturas freight depot races: Las Venturas Ringroad (see page for details).
- Can also be obtained with the cheat code for sports cars.
- GTA IV
- In Beachgate, the gated community east of the funfair in Broker, there is a Turismo parked beside the Faustin residence.
- Parked outside the Dawkins Mansion on Owl Creek Avenue in Westdyke, Alderney for Stevie's Car Thefts, this Turismo has a unique Bronze paint which you could only obtain here and in No Love Lost for Mikhail Faustin, where it's parked next his house.
- A Grotti dealership on the road adjacent to Niko's Middle Park East Safehouse in Middle Park East, Algonquin, across the street from Middle Park East's Perseus, contains 8 Turismos. Stealing one gives the player a 1-star wanted level, even if there is no police presence in the area. But you could still park it outside the Safehouse nearby to own it.
- Occasionally spawn in Middle Park, Little Italy, The Exchange, City Hall, Castle Garden City, Castle Gardens (Algonquin), Rotterdam Hill (Broker), Westdyke, Leftwood, and Alderney City (Alderney).
- At Auto Eroticar (occasionally).
- In Jeff's last mission, he is run over by a Turismo - the driver gets out and calls the police to get help, but quickly regrets his decision and drives away from the accident as soon as the police hotline puts his call on hold. The player has a chance to take the Turismo before he ends the phone call.
- Randomly appears while the player is driving another supercar.
- Spawn in traffic during Multiplayer.
- Can be obtained with a cheat code (227-555-0147).
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony, calling Henrique and requesting a Turismo will have one delivered to the player's location.
- Cheetah, another Ferrari-based sports car.