|This page needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of Grand Theft Wiki.|
Patrick (far left), Derrick (left), Maureen (centre) and Kate McReary (far right) with Niko Bellic (centre right) at the funeral of Francis McReary.
|Unlocks||I'll Take Her|
|Unlocked by||Blood Brothers|
Undertaker is a mission in Grand Theft Auto IV, triggered by a phone call from Patrick "Packie" McReary; it is one of several missions in the game that commits Niko without player choice. After the Mission Blood Brothers, Packie calls Niko about the death of one of his brothers (either Francis or Derrick depending on who the player chose) and asks him to attend the funeral at the unnamed church in Suffolk. Niko decides to go.
Packie tells Niko to dress in a suit (can be found at Perseus if Niko doesn't already own one at a safehouse) and Kate will call you a few minutes later asking if Niko is attending the funeral (if Niko is already wearing a suit he won't be able to head to the church until Kate calls). Before heading to the marker the player should head to gun shop to stock up on ammo and armor to make the mission easier. As the group are leaving the church they'll come under fire by three waves of four Albanians hoods coming in cars from the sides and from the middle alley. The player must kill them all before they destroy the hearse carrying one of the McReary Brothers. After killing all of them the player will have to drive to the cemetery (varies on who you killed; Colony Island for Francis and Steinway for Derrick; Steinway being generally the easier of the two destinations to reach due to the convoluted access roads onto Colony Island) with a final car of Albanian hoods in pursuit and a two-star wanted level. They'll again have to protect the hearse and if the back door pops open or is open the player will have to watch their speed so the casket doesn't fall out.
At some point after the mission ends, Niko receives a phone call from Gerald McReary unlocking the I'll Take Her mission, and a call from Packie which comes with an approval rating boost. Francis, meanwhile, will send a hypocritical e-mail to Niko later on "mourning" his brother, and also providing Niko with a link to the LCPD's criminal database website (although the player will have likely already found it).
- This is the only chance to get a Romero in the game. Immediately after completion of the mission, the Romero can be seen driven away followed by a black Washington. Snipe the Romero driver, and the Romero is free to take. Another way to obtain it is this following: immediate after the cut scene by the graveside is finished, you will be standing facing the Romero, which is about to drive off. If you run after it at this point you should have enough time to get by the passenger side of the vehicle and carjack it. Upon driving it to one of your safehouses, more Romeros will begin to spawn in traffic, making it possible to get more than one Romero if one spawns in traffic near your safehouse. Note that the player must kill the Romero driver or else the Romero won't save properly at a safehouse. Also, strangely, if you killed Playboy X and befriended Dwayne Forge during The Holland Play, and chase down, shoot and kill the Romero driver at the end of the mission, Dwayne's "like" percentage will go down.
- If the coffin is damaged enough in the Romero, you can see the body in it.
- The coffin variant of the Romero is not available after this mission.
- If you kill Francis, there will be cops at his funeral, however they disappear when the Albanians show up. If you kill Derrick they will all be random peds in nice clothing.
- The gravestone that is created at the end of the mission is not solid - the player can walk or drive through it.
- If you destroy any of the vehicles leaving the scene after the mission is completed, a gangster/ the driver in the Washington may pull up and start fighting.
- During the initial gunfight, if one or both of the vehicles parked behind the Romero survive, Packie will be seen ordering drivers to get out of there. If the vehicles are destroyed Packie just asks Niko to drive the Romero.
- Defeating the gangsters outside the church is fairly easy with a rocket launcher though care must be taken not to destroy the Romero or kill Packie with splash damage.
- If Francis is alive, his "remove wanted level" service is disabled during this mission.