|Up, Up and Away|
Carl Johnson, Wu Zi Mu, Zero and Guppy plan to steal a sky crane and an armoured van for their heist at Caligula's Palace
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|Location||Spinybed, Las Venturas|
|Reward||Respect, Leviathan at airstrip in Verdant Meadows|
|Unlocks||Breaking The Bank At Caligula's (If you got Millie's keycard)|
|Unlocked by||Cop Wheels|
Up, Up, and Away! is the second to the last mission in the Heist strand of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
Carl Johnson recently seized four HPV-1000 Police motorcycles to be used as outriders to escort the armored van Carl plans to use to haul the off the cash without raising suspicion to his team. His last step would be to somehow obtain an armored van and respray it with the Caligula's Casino logo, but he makes up his mind that he won't raise suspicion to his team by doing a simple carjacking. Zero gives him the idea to hijack a 'sky crane,' called a Leviathan. Carl heads over to K.A.C.C., the fuel depot in Spinybed, northeast Las Venturas. CJ penetrates the compound while keeping soldiers armed with assault rifles at bay. Carl takes down a pair of Hunters using a gun emplacement, before lifting off with the Leviathan. He heads to the depot, and using the magnetic winch attached to the helicopter, lifts an armored van and airlifts it to the airstrip in Verdant Meadows.
Carl Johnson: OK, we got the bikes. And Woozie's taken care of the uniforms. Now, we just gotta get an armored van and re-spray it with the Caligula's Casino logo.
Wu Zi Mu: Why don't we steal one while it's on its rounds? That way we can make some money too.
Carl Johnson: No, I don't want to get the crew caught up in some street level jacking - it could get ugly.
Zero: I... I have an idea? Um... Have you ever seen those helicopters they use to lift heavy loads?
Guppy: Yeah, they call em 'sky cranes'. We could lift the whole truck and take them to someplace safe.
Wu Zi Mu: Then we need to steal a sky crane. Unfortunately, I'm not a pilot.
Zero: No, me neither.
Guppy: Hey, don't look at me.
Triad #2: Or me.
Carl Johnson: Shit. I'll fly it, then. We can respray it at the airstrip.
Zero: Yeah, Carl. It'll be just like fighting Berkley, only bigger!
Carl Johnson: Yeah, thanks for that.
(After transporting the van and the sky crane to the airstrip)
Guppy: Heeey, CJ, you never cease to amaze me!
Carl Johnson: Heh Heh, good lookin, where's Woozie?
Guppy: I don't know. He insisted on driving here himself. He could be anywhere.
Carl Johnson: Heh heh, yeah I guess. Alright dude, I'm outta here. I'll see y'all later.
The reward for completing the mission is increased Respect and the Leviathan will always spawn at the Aircraft Graveyard in Verdant Meadows unless the player has unlocked the Hunter, then it will only spawn when arrving from east.
- The most direct way into the military fuel dump: As CJ approaches the gate, a Patriot will be leaving. When the gate is opened for the Patriot, run or drive right in.
- If you miss the first opportunity, returning with any military vehicle (including their stolen Patriot) will open the gate from the outside. However, this doesn't grant peaceful access once inside the compound.
- There is a Heart, Body Armor, and a Horseshoe in/behind the warehouse east and slightly north of the gate.
- The 3rd and indirect method of access is flying aircraft or the Jetpack over the compound walls.
- An easy way through the compound is using a motorbike and simply driving through, possibly using an SMG to shoot down any soldier in your way.
- The magnet cable on the Leviathan is pass-thru. You can drag vehicles under bridges while flying over top without losing them or the magnet.
- No amount of mayhem (gunfire, grenades, rockets, vehicle/aircraft destruction) will attain a wanted level while on the installation. This was likely set to avoid a 4-5 star wanted level, from soldiers and two Hunters, by the time you even reached the Leviathan.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|