User talk:4th hale
| This is the talk page for User:4th hale. Please leave a message.
Always sign off your messages using four tildes (~~~~ ) to automatically add your signature.
Hi, sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I can't delete your username, as it's important for us to keep track of who made every edit. The best I can do is disable your account to stop any further edits being made, but that seems a little extreme. With regards to how I made this site, how much detail do you want? This is just a MediaWiki installation running on a web server we own. Are you asking about this specific website, or are you trying to set up a wiki yourself? Gboyers 22:32, 21 July 2011 (BST)
- A "wiki" and a "wikia" are different things. A wiki is a type of website, like this one. Wikia is just one company that allows you to make/run wiki sites with a few clicks, but they don't let you have full control and they cover your site in adverts. This wiki used to be at Wikia, but we moved away, and now we run ourselves on our own server, which we pay for. If you want a simple, free service, check out Comparison of wiki farms, and maybe try ShoutWiki - gboyers talk 17:51, 24 July 2011 (BST)
We chose to leave Wikia for a wide range of reasons. Don't forget that I founded GTW before we moved TO Wikia. However, when we left, Wikia chose to keep a copy running, and refused to allow us to delete the site. We tried a few options, including changing the focus of that site to allow them to co-exist, but Wikia then banned me and demoted all GTW's staff. So now gta.wikia is a false copy of this site, with staff chosen by Wikia, where the founder (me) is banned. I'm still glad we left. gboyers talk 15:03, 25 July 2011 (BST)
"Senior Editor" tag
Hi Mizu. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with you using that "senior editor" box on your user page. Whilst I have no doubt you're very experienced, it implies that you have some sort of authority or seniority over other users. Even staff are just normal editors, and not necessarily any more right or knowledgeable than any other user. I'd prefer it if you just made a factual statement, like saying you are an experienced wiki editor and you've edited on XYZ wikis for X years. That alright? gboyers talk 20:21, 29 July 2011 (BST)
- Yeah that's fine now (although it should be "an editor" not "a editor"). Feel free to link to us, use one of our Signatures or just spread the word! gboyers talk 02:22, 30 July 2011 (BST)
Thats cool, I live in windsor area. What town are you in?
- Well, nice to meet you. Bye. I never knew someone was in CT just like me on GTW. --Fairnick68 17:00, 27 August 2011 (BST)
- I have a Xbox 360. I used to have a PS3 but it broke the day I got it. :( --Fairnick68 17:04, 27 August 2011 (BST)
- How did it get deleted? Hacked? BTW how did you make you signature like that? It's cool. --Fairnick68 17:07, 27 August 2011 (BST)
- Thanks. --Fairnick68 17:22, 27 August 2011 (BST)
- Well check out the GTA V section if your into anything GTA 5 related.--Fairnick68 (talk) 18:04, 27 August 2011 (BST)
Username & Bitmaps
We do not allow .bmp (bitmap) images, as they are a very bad and inefficient file format, and they do not resize well (for thumbnails etc). Please convert any BMP/GIF images to PNG/JPG/SVG.
Username changes are usually only granted to users who have unacceptable usernames (and we require them to change it), or for users that want to bring their usernames in-line with ones on other sites (wikipedia, wikia, gtaforums, thegtaplace etc). I'm happy to change your username once, and only once. We have to make sure that people can find contributors, even from old lists/links, and we have to make sure everything is consistent. So if you are completely sure you want your username changing forever, let me know. Make sure you give me the correct spelling and capitalisation too. gboyers talk 19:18, 28 August 2011 (BST)
- I assume you mean that you are using Paint to save screenshots? When you "Save As" your image, you can choose the type at the bottom. See this. gboyers talk 14:20, 29 August 2011 (BST)
Has anything happened?
I never knew about the "hate wikia" userbox until I checked out your profile. Thanks. I took the liberty of adding one myself. --Tommy-Vercetti 14:24, 29 August 2011 (BST)
- Oh, trust me. I hate the GTA staff far more than any layout. But I try to avoid any wikia I can at the moment, ESPECIALLY the GTA one. --Tommy-Vercetti 14:48, 29 August 2011 (BST)
- I'm banned there due to my last idea, so I can't help. Good luck with that though. --Tommy-Vercetti 15:01, 29 August 2011 (BST)
- Haha. I spammed links to here and vandalized the pages, insulting the first (there's more than one, which is extremely sad) [bad] admin that I found. --Tommy-Vercetti 15:07, 29 August 2011 (BST)
- I'm glad I can't recall, but I do remember that it was the one who just "LOVED 'HARUHI' MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF" That one. Not like you can tell him apart from any of the others though. --Tommy-Vercetti 15:10, 29 August 2011 (BST)
- With how tireless everyone here is working, it's only a matter of time before our site far surpasses them. Look at the idiots they have running it; I'm honestly amazed it lasted as long as it did already. --Tommy-Vercetti 15:23, 29 August 2011 (BST)
- Ha. Who did that? Was it you?--Tommy-Vercetti 15:54, 29 August 2011 (BST)
"This user Hates Wikia" User box.
I want one! Please show me how?
- First off, sign all your posts. Click the signature button at the top screen.
- To get the userbox, edit your profile and type in:
- Just cancel out the space between the : and there you go. Save, and that's the one. --Tommy-Vercetti 20:06, 29 August 2011 (BST)
Re: Server cost
The total cost is a couple of hundred pounds per month, but that's between Grand Theft Wiki, The GTA Place and a couple of other sites.
I have blocked your two duplicate accounts: User:Quiet Man and User:4th hale. Users are not permitted to operate duplicate accounts on this wiki without permission. Please familiarise yourself with the Rules of Grand Theft Wiki, and explain your reasoning for registering multiple accounts. gboyers talk 05:01, 30 August 2011 (BST)
- Ah I forgot about that - that explains why they had no contributions. Oh well, I'll keep them blocked. No worries! gboyers talk 05:10, 30 August 2011 (BST)
Out of all the places I've been to Japan is my favourite. The people are fantastic there, as I've found the people in Asia in general are, and they know how to do everyhing. I could talk all day and night about the great things in Japan, from the availability of vending machines/convenience stores and the noise from the traffic lights to the fact that everywhere is clean. I'd always recommend going to Japan. I'd also recommend travelling with Inside Japan Tours. Their website also has a lot of information about many locations in Japan. A-Dust 23:19, 30 August 2011 (BST)
Yeah I've noticed that and I had edited and contributed since they had opened and did PR for them, talk 'bout not being loyal ain't they ever heard of the saying "Don't shit on your doorstep?" One of them reckons I don't know Grand Theft Auto, when I started a craze of it in Year 4 in 2002 in my class, everyone came 'round my house and it weren't just 'cause I got the new Nelly CD or the newest Expansion Pack to The Sims! It was for my copy of Grand Theft Auto 3. I even got people to join their site, they ain't looking too clever now when I've told my mates to leave it as the moderators are crooked as anything. I like this website the most, people are friendly and helpful, also how do I get the date and time on my comments? Gregallz5