| This is the talk page for User:Andreaz1. Please leave a message.
Always sign off your messages using four tildes (~~~~ ) to automatically add your signature.
|Please remember to sign your comments or questions with your name (--~~~~) when you edit here.|
- In reply to this
Thanks for your support - it's great to see people supporting our move. I'm glad you like this site too. The only problem is that most visitors still go to the old wiki - we need as many websites as possible (including Wikia) to link to us, so that we can make this community great. I see the same error on your user page, I think I know what's causing it, but it might be a day or two before I can fix it. I'll let you know when it's sorted.
As for Donald Love, firstly Darkel's mission was removed, so it never actually happened. Even if it did happen, unless there was something to suggest he definitely died, we can't assume that he definitely did. However, we can state that there is a possibility. So here it would make sense to say something like: "In a mission that was deleted before the final release of GTA III, the player was to be given a mission by Darkel where they must fly a plane into the Love Media Building. This mission was most likely removed due to the similarity to the wp:9/11 World Trade Centre attacks in New York City, which occurred shortly before the game's release in 2001. It is not clear whether Donald Love was supposed to die in this mission". I hope that makes sense - feel free to add something like that to the article yourself. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or another member of staff. Thanks - Gboyers 19:11, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
- Try this to fix your user page. If you go to Special:Toggleuserpage, that will change your user page into a wiki page that you can edit, instead of a (broken) automatic profile page. When we get it fixed, you can simply go to that link again to change it back if you want. Hope that helps - Gboyers 19:33, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
Re: Site problems
Thanks for letting me know about these. The site does sometimes stop working for a couple of minutes, and this is something we're looking to resolve but there would be a significant increase in cost for us. Next time you have a problem, could you go to http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/grandtheftwiki.com - this will tell you whether it's a problem at your end or our server, and let me know on my talk page. I'll check the configuration and see if anything changed a few days ago could cause this. I can also check your IP and make sure it's not been blocked or anything like that. I hope we get this sorted for you! Gboyers 22:13, 3 July 2011 (BST)
I appreciate what you're doing with all the new pictures, but I couldn't help but notice something. You're also replacing the same pictures (english version), even though they have no text.
If they don't have text, wouldn't that save you some time to just leave them? You can't even tell from one language to the other without subtitles, so, I'm going on your Introduction (Vice City) images, and you included one of the back of an Admiral. So, just wondering. I personally would just focus on the subtitled ones. --Tommy-Vercetti 18:46, 20 July 2011 (BST)
- I have another comment regarding these screenshots. They seem to be taken in a very high widescreen resolution, but they look vertically flattened. Have you enabled the "Wide Screen" option in the display settings? - ZS 13:22, 24 July 2011 (BST)
- No I haven't, because then everything looks extremely stretched in the other direction and this is how I've always played the game. --Andreaz1 13:49, 24 July 2011 (BST)
- What about using a 4:3 resolution (1600x1200 or 1280x1024)? - ZS 05:20, 25 July 2011 (BST)
Re: Trusted Users
Hey - you're half-right. As is explained here, trusted users are simply the people that the Staff trust enough not to have to check everything you do. We look at every single edit that all other users make (except trusted & staff). There are no rights or privileges, and staff don't need to be part of it. I wiped the list a couple of weeks ago as it had a few inactive people, so we're starting afresh with a new list. Does that make sense? gboyers talk 13:22, 17 August 2011 (BST)
- The old entries were actually lost during a database upgrade, but I didn't bother restoring them as it's better to keep it down to a small number of active users. Having Trusted Users just makes life easier for staff, nothing more. Although If you can think of any privileges or rights you think would be good for Trusted Users, let me know! gboyers talk 13:45, 17 August 2011 (BST)
Re: Edit summaries
- In reply to Edit summaries
- Yep, it was a problem with MediaWiki. I filed a bug with the developers, and they fixed it! Thanks for pointing it out. gboyers talk 10:20, 22 September 2011 (BST)
Some of the GTAMissions walkthroughs on YouTube omit that dialogue that I bolded. I know this because I watched them myself.--MrLanceVanceDance 05:51, 19 October 2011 (BST)
- R* released a Haitian-friendly version of the game. You can check out the videos by Teleemahn on YouTube and see changes in the subtitles and hear audio being cut. For complete information on this, look here.--spaceeinstein 06:54, 19 October 2011 (BST)
Trusted Users & Patrolling
Hi Andreaz. We've made a few changes to Grand Theft Wiki, our staff structure and the way we monitor edits. As you're a Trusted User, we've given you the right to patrol other users' edits. This means you can check out the edits that haven't been checked yet, and either endorse them, fix them or revert them. It would be a great help if you could patrol a few edits from Special:Patrol each time you visit GTW, and it would look good if you were nominated for promotion too! See Grand Theft Wiki:Patrolling for help and more info, and give it a go! Let me know if you have any questions - gboyers talk 00:35, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for getting back to me. The reason staff still show up is because I deliberately de-patrolled the past day's worth of edits, just so that you guys had something to practice on after I told you. As for the other things, I missed out one of the rights I needed to give you! That should all be working now - thanks for pointing that out. gboyers talk 14:17, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
Nomination for Promotion
Hi. I've started a discussion to decide whether you will be promoted to Administrator. Please edit your promotion discussion page with whether you're up for it, why you want to do it, and your answers to the questions. I'm not making any promises at this stage, but I think you're worth considering. Good luck! gboyers talk 18:22, 14 January 2012 (UTC)
- Congratulations - you have been promoted to Administrator! Your responses to the promotion discussion questions were probably the best I've seen - you absolutely seem to have the right attitude towards this role. Administrators are just regular users 99% of the time, sometimes they need to use their extra tools (delete, move, block, protect etc), and occasionally they need to put their foot down and make a decision. Don't forget - any bad edit can be reversed, but upsetting or scaring off loads of users can't be.
- Just to clarify the new rights, responsibilities and limitations of your new role: admins are responsible for keeping the wiki running smoothly, which is why we give you the extra tools. It's not that admins are 'in charge' of other users, but they have the responsibility to make sure everything runs smoothly. Think of it how a Police Officer is not in charge of the citizens, but in an emergency they can put their foot down and make sure everything runs smoothly.
- The rights you have are listed on Special:ListGroupRights (just ask me if you need any of them explaining). The ones you'll use most are move, delete and block. Have a browse through Special:SpecialPages as you might find some interesting things in there. I really don't mean to scare you though - it's great fun being staff here, and I'm really proud to have started this site and helped it grow. I look forward to you being able to stamp your mark on the site and help make it even better than you could as a normal user.
- The administrator position is subject to a 4-week probation period. This just means in 4 weeks I'll speak to the rest of the staff and decide whether to make your promotion permanent, or whether we need to think again. It shouldn't be a problem but it gives us an opportunity to see you at work (because good users don't always make good admins). Also, please could you sign up for an account at The GTA Place Forums and let me know your username, so that you can access our private GTA staff forum?
- And don't forget - if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me or another staff member. It's my personal responsibility to make sure you get up to speed and become an awesome member of staff and help make this wiki even better! Good luck! gboyers talk 22:10, 16 January 2012 (UTC)
- No problem at all. I just needed you to tell me the username on here because anyone could create an account with that name, particularly if they saw I'd asked you to it. As you've confirmed it's you, I've given you access to the GTW Staff Forum - feel free to have a browse, reply to anything you see, and create topics/replies if there's anything that needs discussing. I'd suggest you hit 'follow' so you get an email if we post anything in there. You can still talk to me on here, but if there's anything private then the forum is better. gboyers talk 20:15, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
How do you make coments on your edits for example like this (fix spelling) or mabye writing (big gallery) i have been regonising this.so how do you do it?