Difference between revisions of "User talk:Byzantine95"
(→Grand Theft Mods)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Welcome Byzantine95 ==
== Welcome Byzantine95 ==
Latest revision as of 23:38, 2 October 2013
| This is the talk page for User:Byzantine95. Please leave a message.
Always sign off your messages using four tildes (~~~~ ) to automatically add your signature.
Hi Giorgios, welcome to Grand Theft Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay.
We're pleased you've chosen to come to Grand Theft Wiki. We are a little different to many other sites, because we pride ourselves on encouraging every user to pitch in and help out, not just the experts.
Even if you're new and don't know much about how wikis work, we encourage you to get stuck in and start editing away! Any edit can be can be reversed, so don't worry about breaking things too much! Have a practice in the sandbox too if you like.
- If you do need help, check out our Help section.
- If you want to know more about Grand Theft Wiki, see our About page.
- If you're interested in our rules and the way we do things on Grand Theft Wiki, check out our Policy.
- If you'd like to interact with the rest of the community here, check out our Community Hub.
- If you want a safe place to test out editing, have a play around with our Sandbox
Whether you're brand new to wikis or are more experienced, check out our Tasks page, which shows you the sorts of things we need you to help out with on here.
Hey, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but there's no need to repeat the welcome message on users' talk pages. If you'd like to adjust the message, you can suggest a change to Template:Welcome on its talk page. gboyers talk 16:21, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
Grand Theft Mods
Grand Theft Mods never became fully operational, It's stuck in the experimental stage because we don't have the resources (in terms of time) for on-wiki staff and behind-the-scenes technical expertise. It's a cool idea but it won't get off the ground unless GTA V really brings modding back in a big way, like it used to be with GTA VC and GTA SA. If that does happen, we'll probably put the effort into making it work. If it doesn't, it'll probably die off unless we find a team of people really willing to put the work in to making it work. gboyers talk 06:50, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
- Admin rights are only necessary for administration functions like blocking users, deleting pages and protecting pages. Regular users (like yourself) can still do all the normal things like create/edit pages and templates. If you want to help out, then please feel free to go ahead and work on the wiki.
- To be blunt, I would not consider providing admin rights to any new user (such as yourself), especially as you only have 2 real contributions on this site and none on GTM. I just do not think that admin rights are necessary to do what you say you would like to do. Remember, this isn't Wikia, where anyone with no ability can create and run a wiki.
- If there is something specific you need to be able to do that you can't, let me know, but generally I would only provide extra rights if you had contributed a lot to the wiki. gboyers talk 19:18, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
Yep - you can create/edit any type of page, including templates/categories etc. The only exception is if that particular page has been protected by an admin (such as the Main Page here). If you go to Special:ListGroupRights, you can see the rights of each user group. gboyers talk 06:54, 15 June 2012 (UTC)