| This is the talk page for User:Gboyers. Please leave a message.
Always sign off your messages using four tildes (~~~~ ) to automatically add your signature.
To leave a message, please Reply Here.
- Use : at the start of all your lines to indent your replies to someone else, like this line.
- Also, Use four tildes (~~~~) to sign your name with the date, like this - Xenon 18:52, 29 July 2006 (BST)
Hi. Thanks for the advice on how to deal with this. And sorry for not posting here...I wasn't sure if this was something that needed to be handled privately and/or discreetly. I'll send him a note. EganioTalk 20:04, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, Gerard...sorry to bug you with these things, but what about this username: User:Coitinator? It seems much more innocuous than the last one we discussed, but just wanted to check with you first. :-) EganioTalk 21:10, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
The Main Page
he problem is the title welcome to the Grand theft Wiki is overlapping the top right image Chip2007 12:18 30 june 2008 heres the link sorry i coudn provide a screenshot http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
- I had it happen to me as well, but only on one particular (older) computer. I think this issue might be related to screen resolution and/or browser type/version. But, then again, I am not that computer savvy...those were just my assumptions. EganioTalk 01:27, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Hi, G. I saw you undid Mcanmoocanu's redirect of the Vercetti Gang article. This is actually something I've been trying to discuss with him, i.e. multiple changes to mafia family names, such as including the word Crime in the organization's name. I'm hoping this is something he and I can work out, but you may want to join in on the discussion. EganioTalk 08:59, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Game comparison archive
Well, here I go filling up your talk page! :-)
I'd like to ask your opinion: in response to the first post in Forum:Could GTA IV Be Better?, I have created an article designed to enumerate the differences between GTA San Andreas and GTA IV. I'm doing this in the interest of creating a catalogue of such information for all GTA games that could then be used for speculation as to future game design, discussions about gameplay, character/location reappearances, etc. I'm envisioning eventually attaching editorials to these articles for such purposes. What do you think? Is this worth my time? EganioTalk 21:49, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
I'm thinking of sending Angies a message, but thought I'd go over it with you first...
A few things I want to bring up:
- Some pages (like GTA IV Gripes) have two ad-boxes
- GTA IV now has an ad-box, even though there's a table on the page (it should have a banner ad)
- Using banner ads when an infobox is in the top-right corner
- Firstly, I also have many frustrations about the adverts. It is very clear that they are financially-minded, at the expense of the community and readers experience - which is especially evident in the details. Secondly, 'they' have changed their minds about a lot of things since this idea was first made public, so whatever may appear to be a mistake is probably just another rule designed to make more money, or pretend they're doing you a favour.
The most popular pages (eg Main Page) now have 2 ads on, since they can make a lot of money from that, but that is very damaging to those pages (which naturally have a lot of content). Near-empty pages have no ads on, because they make no money from that - but we wouldn't mind ads on those pages because there is room on them.
I believe the right-ad won't be displayed if the page STARTS with a table, but I believe if there is forced to be 2 ads (ie popular pages) then there will always be 2 ads, even if there is a table there. Same goes for infoboxes - I absolutely hate the idea of shoving a banner ad AND a box ad above an infobox. And even more than that I hate having adverts inside content areas.
There has been a forum discussion here, but it seems to be a very them-vs-us discussion. Gboyers talk 20:11, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
Sorry about not using the Reply Here at the top but it didn't lead anywhere so I didn't know what to do.
Also, sorry for the question that has nothing to do with the content of the site, but I recently become friends with Eganio, and I was very happy to have made my first friend on GTW, however I had to ask him what it actually means, he said he wasn't exactly sure and told me to ask you.
Biggest gta fan ever 09:34, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
Hi, Gerard. I have a question about the cleanup, expand, and stub templates. Is there a way to specify what needs to be added to an article when using the expand and stub templates? I used the cleanup template in the Cutscene article because it seemed the only one that provides the "A user has the following concern" comment option. Please advise. Thanks! EganioTalk 06:03, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
Please leave a message when doing that to image pages. --Charitwo 18:36, 20 July 2008 (UTC)