Difference between revisions of "User talk:Gta-mysteries/Archive 2"
|Line 261:||Line 261:|
--[[User:Mondotta|Mondotta]] 13:15, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
--[[User:Mondotta|Mondotta]] 13:15, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
Revision as of 15:04, 23 June 2010
| This is the talk page for User:Gta-mysteries. Please leave a message.
Always sign off your messages using four tildes (~~~~ ) to automatically add your signature.
Archive 2 (April 26, 2010 - May 25, 2010)
|Anything with changes in articles, images or help, can be discussed here. To help myself keep track of all my messages please talk here. Questions will usually be answered promptly. Click here to leave a message.|
- 1 Images
- 2 PlayStation Network
- 3 Manager Nomination
- 4 Insert Picture
- 5 Welcome
- 6 ???
- 7 Firefly Projects Gang
- 8 Custom Vehicle License Plates Page
- 9 Favor
- 10 Quick, SA related question
- 11 Copyright Image
- 12 GTACW Burger Shot images
- 13 PHOTO GALLERY ?
- 14 Becoming Part of Staff
- 15 Copyrighted images
- 16 Side missions
- 17 Revert Intermediate Edits
- 18 GTA 3 era gripe page
- 19 Ratman
- 20 Insert Picture 2
- 21 Moving Pages
- 22 GTW Forum
- 23 hey can i play...
- 24 Mel Toblowsky
- 25 100%
- 26 Why revert?
- 27 Write section name here
- Imported from User talk:Master Sima Yi#Pictures.
- Just wondering do you know any youtube channels, that offer HD without watermarks?--Gta-mysteries 06:37, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Hmm, I could take a look for you. I occasionally see some HD GTA IV videos without watermarks, but I don't remember the channels' names. Gonna take a look right now. (By the way, you can also just cut the watermarks from the videos... XD) -- Master Sima Yi 12:41, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I put up a picture for you for the unnamed Asian woman, Black Artist. I got it from the second TBoGT trailer (the one with The Look by Roxette as the background song), which is about as high resolution I can get for you. I know that it could better have been taken from a different angle. And Gta-mysteries, sorry, but I don't seem to be able to find any HD videos for you. At least not ones that feature cutscenes as YouTube deletes all of them. -- Master Sima Yi 12:56, April 26, 2010 (UTC
- And might I ask can you tell me if this image looks good?--Gta-mysteries 19:35, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, dude, perfect. I don't know how you could've done it better. Those little things in GTA IV already are blurry, I am amazed at how you have gotten the resolution so good. :) -- Master Sima Yi 19:46, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks, do you use a digital camera to get pictures.--Gta-mysteries 19:56, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, either that or I use printscreen while watching a video. -- Master Sima Yi 20:08, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Imported from User talk:Black Artist#PlayStation Network.
- I almost got my internet on my PS3, and soon enough I'll have PSN. I really appreciate your help with this.--Gta-mysteries 22:58, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Right now I got the internet, and I created a master account, but I can't see where I log out at.--Gta-mysteries 00:32, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Log out? Of what, and where. On your computer? Or PS3?
- I got it now I think, I made my account it's Gta-mysteries2.--Gta-mysteries 00:44, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Cool. Add me.
- What's your PSN?
Got it, are you online now?--Gta-mysteries 01:06, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
I sent a request to you so whenever you're done we can play.--Gta-mysteries 01:16, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
I'll probably be getting TLAD tonight.--Gta-mysteries 01:21, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
I don't think I can get TBOGT, right now I'm downloading TLAD.--Gta-mysteries 01:30, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
It's taking too long to download, and I don't have enough funds for TBOGT. What's a background download?--Gta-mysteries 01:36, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- If you press background load, the game will load the game in the background while you use the PS3 for other things.--User:Black ArtistTalk page 09:51, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Get both, but personally, TLAD is my favorite of all three games.
Can you please upload this picture? File:Gtacansux.jpg It's the artwork for Candy Suxxx
PleasePs2sanandreas 03:00, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the welcome. I've made my first edit to update the Schafter article. It is based primarily on the S Class W221, in addition to the C and E classes referenced.
Hi I'm CLAUDE i am also interested in gta mysteries.
I have recently been on an easter egg hunt with a special map in San Andreas.
Pleas suggest any new interesting mysteries.
Firefly Projects Gang
Hello. I wrote this article but want to rename it. Could you rename it to Afro-American Gangsters? I think it would be better. http://gta.wikia.com/African-American Gangsters
And by the way, can you rename M.O.B. article to Firefly Projects Gang? Look to the discussion topic for details.
Thanks in advance. Orto Dogge 23:59, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
I was surprised too, but name M.O.B. never was mentioned in game. All black gangs in city is only one gang (according the data-files). In LCPD database M.O.B. is currently named Firefly Projects Gang. I think it's better name, just like North Holland Hustlers or East Holland Drug Gang. By the way, can you rename article East Holland Drug Crew into East Holland Drug Gang? This is the official name in LCPD database and "Crew" wasn't ever mentioned in game too, just like M.O.B. I worked on this black gangs much time and wrote this big article about them. Can you rename it to? =) From African-American Gangsters to Afro-American Gangsters, I think it would be better. And if you in the mood, delete African-American Street Gangs in GTA IV era. =) I'm kinda exacting, I know.)))) --Orto Dogge 00:13, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
Custom Vehicle License Plates Page
Why did you delete custom vehicle license plates? I was tidying it up.
Seeing as you're probably the most active admin, do you think you could rename Category:Operating systems to Category:Operating Systems (capitalization)? I didn't bother ask the bot, since the articles in the category are only four. Masterpogihaha 16:01, May 9, 2010 (UTC)
Sup man. Yea, I know, I got like one edit, but I am from the CoDWiki. Whatever.
Well, I got a question about a game (SA):
Do you have any suggestions on how to do the mission "Cesar Vialpando"?
I can't figure out how to get points! I already tried pressing hydraulics and then press direc, keys, but I didn't got pointssss! Well, I asked you cause you seem a senior user and seem to know a lot about GTA. Thanks! Commander W567123danielWanna Talk?|My Duty|Wassup? 00:47, May 12, 2010 (UTC)
Was the image I uploaded to End of the Line copyrighted? The one with CJ perusing Tenpenny. If so I just want to point out, I wasn't aware of it being copyrighted.Addicted2gta 09:37, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah it was copyrighted so it had to be deleted. You may probably know this by now, but images with copyright will be deleted unless you have the written consent of the copyright holder.--Gta-mysteries 09:43, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
GTACW Burger Shot images
I'm assuming you're using No$Zoomer to emulate GTACW, but you'll probably need to use DeSmuMe instead because No$Zoomer is particularly glitchy with its cel-shaded effects. For example, notice the wireframe vehicle lights effects? That's not normal. - ZS 16:44, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
- All of those images came from the Spanish GTA Wikia, I just forgot to source them. They were PNG, so I edited the shading and saved them as JPEG so that may be why they look like that. Also I resized some of them too.--Gta-mysteries 19:19, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
PHOTO GALLERY ?
How do I know if some of the pictures in the photo gallery are copyright ?Fairnick68 21:17, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Usually copyrighted images have watermarks on them. -Gta-mysteries 23:36, May 18, 2010 (UTC)
Becoming Part of Staff
Is there anything I can do to become part of staff? I am familiar with the process, but know that I have not been doing my full potential. I don't plan on a being a Administrator or anything. The highest I would probably be is Moderator. I consider you an expert and notice that all people on staff have over 2000 edits. If you can give me any advice that would help. Yours Truly, Peter13
- Well first of all you will have to be an active user. Secondly staff are not higher than other users, they are still editors of the wiki, except with extra tools. There are still some things basic users can do to help out other users. I am for from an expert too. --Gta-mysteries 01:15, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
How do i talk to people? - Tinasian 03:40, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Hello Gta-mysteries, I'm new here and don't exactly know what to do on this website or no much about it, all i used to do was look up the games and learn more about them, now that i have an account I'm wandering, can you chat with people, and how do i edit pages do i have to get permission to, all I've done here so far is put my opinions on gta5 wishlist, what other things can i help with or edit?
Sorry i forgot to put my signature that's mine up there - Tinasian 19:12, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
You don't have to have permission to edit pages although some pages are protected to where only admins can edit them. You can talk to people via e-mails, or talk pages. --Gta-mysteries 19:14, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Imported from User talk:Gunrunner15#Copyrighted images.
I've noticed that images you recently uploaded were watermarked, and came from WikiGta. If you aren't aware images with watermarks can't be used outside of where it was watermarked, so please don't use these. If you need to you can look at this page. Thanks.--Gta-mysteries 22:08, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Oh sorry about that i just thought you guys could use them I'll be more careful on what i upload thanks for the heads up.
I think we need images on the some of the side mission like firefighter air rescue and paramedic I can't seem to find some any where.
Revert Intermediate Edits
The best thing to do would be to restore the page completely to an old version. This is the same as reverting every edit since the one you choose. So looking at the history, you probably want to revert it back to the version from 08:10, May 18, 2010 by Learner22. To do this, click on the date (to see that version of the page), click edit (to edit that old version) and click save (to save that old version). Let me know if you need a hand - Gboyers talk 21:59, May 20, 2010 (UTC)
y did you delet my artical
GTA 3 era gripe page
Is there a grand theft auto 3 era gripe page like there is a grand theft auto IV gripe page , if there is not should someone make one ?Fairnick68 01:34, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
No there's not a page, and I really don't see any point in making one as it's already passed. --Gta-mysteries 01:35, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
is ratman real on GTA or just a myth? i've been searching for him for a long time and i cant find him.
Insert Picture 2
Can you please insert this picture to the GTA Trilogy page. File:Gtatrilogy.jpg
thanks Ps2sanandreas 22:35, May 25, 2010 (UTC)
Hey whats up GTA Mysteries. I was wonderin about two things. One, do you know anything about a new game in the GTA series. If so send me a message about it and please give me information on it. Two, i also want to know how to edit a page or create a new page. I was also wonderin why there is a gripe page: it just gives someone a chance to bitch about random things they see as problems and also makes them seem stupid for being apart of a site about the game they can find so many problems with. Thanks for any help, Will. (Willy Mac 00:56, May 26, 2010 (UTC))
hey um in liberty city epsodes for tbogt the in game pause music says rockstar games in a robotix voice im wondering where do i put that?(
Thx. Id just like to say GTA Mystries i won't be editing pages but i'll alert you if things need changing or adding :)
P.S. hope this isn't going onto a page xept for talking page (if so sorry for the interferance) 08:00, May 28, 2010 (UTC)
I think the following pages should be moved
James Pegorino - Jimmy Pegorino
Sean Johnson - Sweet Johnson
Patrick McReary - Packie McReary
Gerald McReary - Gerry McReary
Victor Vance - Vic Vance
And others with their real name to their most common name, I just want this wiki to be consistant, I dont think it makes sense that Gay Tony is the name of Anthony Prince's article (Due to being the most common name) and some others having their real name.
Also I think Diego and Armando Mendez should have their own articles
Hey. I have created a GTW Staff Discussion Forum here. You will need to Register on TGTAP, and leave me a message on my talk page with your TGTAP username to gain access to the GTW forum. Gboyers talk 13:06, May 31, 2010 (UTC)
hey can i play...
Hi GTA Mysteries
um listen. can you play EFLC on a GTA IV disk. 'coz i have games for windows live and I have 2 options choose to play EFLC
or play GTA IV can I play GTA EFLC on GTA IV disk only?
I don't know too much about the EFLC. i had the regular GTA IV, and downloaded the other two on my PS3. And as for the PC I'm clueless. --Gta-mysteries 11:19, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
I am a member of the german GTA Wiki.
Can you give a short german translation (mean facts) of the article Mel Toblowsky ?
I would be glad about an answer on mine discussion-site
Commander-GTA (~ doesn't work)
Anyone know a youtube channel that gives guides to get 100% on bogt?
I'd like to ask you why you reverted 4 of my edits to Achievements in GTA IV? I'll be honest: it is quite discouraging to have an administrator revert edits like that, without any questions, or communicating what they think is wrong with those edits. The edits I made were all aimed at making the article (and the wiki as a whole) better. With one click you reverted the following edits I made (all edits had edit summaries as well):
- Adding standard Gamerscore icons () to Gamerscores.
- Changing "Achivement Points" to the official terminology ("Gamerscore")
- Correcting a wikilink to the GTA IV episodes (from Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City to GTA IV Episodes)
- Linking every achievement (taking care with disambiguation as well), in order to create individual articles for them (a job I started doing, along with a standard infobox template)
- Correcting the names of some of the achievements, from capitalization mistakes to actual typos
I may be able to understand if you have a problem with some of these edits I made. But I don't think silently reverting such edits is a good thing to do -- except if what you want to do is drive people away from editing this wiki. I don't know how often you do this, but I would suggest that you first try and communicate you issues before dismissing the hard work of others.
--Mondotta 13:15, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
Write section name here
That bottle in image is pretty realistic,more realistic than bottles in previous GTA games.