| This is the talk page for User:IanPhoenix. Please leave a message.
Always sign off your messages using four tildes (~~~~ ) to automatically add your signature.
Hi , welcome to Grand Theft Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay.
We're pleased you've chosen to come to Grand Theft Wiki. We are a little different to many other sites, because we pride ourselves on encouraging every user to pitch in and help out, not just the experts.
Even if you're new and don't know much about how wikis work, we encourage you to get stuck in and start editing away! Any edit can be can be reversed, so don't worry about breaking things too much! Have a practice in the sandbox too if you like.
- If you do need help, check out our Help section.
- If you want to know more about Grand Theft Wiki, see our About page.
- If you're interested in our rules and the way we do things on Grand Theft Wiki, check out our Policy.
- If you'd like to interact with the rest of the community here, check out our Community Hub.
- If you want a safe place to test out editing, have a play around with our Sandbox
Whether you're brand new to wikis or are more experienced, check out our Tasks page, which shows you the sorts of things we need you to help out with on here.
Re: GTAV Template
That's not a problem! Generally speaking, on GTW templates should work as they come without having to align/float them, except in unusual situations. Here we thrive on revising others' edits, and on having our own edits patched up by others. Even the staff make mistakes and get things wrong. The hardest part is writing new content, which is what we really need. Fixing it up can come later! But yes your edits are being positively received, keep up the good work! gboyers talk 12:07, 10 December 2012 (UTC)
Welcome to the Wiki!
Hey I've noticed you've been putting in a lot of work here at the Wiki. You've made browsing the Recent Edits very easy by continuing to put Summaries, a lot of users don't bother but it can really waste another editors time trying to check each edit to make sure it's acceptable for the Wiki. Keep up the good work and let me know if you have any questions regarding the GTA series. Also, how stoaked are you for Grand Theft Auto V? Grand Theft AJ (talk|edits) 22:46, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
RE: Animals page
Hi there, and thanks for your feedback! I haven't been particularly active on here for quite some time now - partly due to loss of interest in GTA right now (until GTA V is released). However, I still care enormously about this wiki, and just because I'm not editing, that doesn't mean I'm not on the site everyday! I regularly scan Recent Edits, mainly for talk page edits and discussions that I can help out with. I've seen a lot of your edits, and they are always of high quality - Plus you regularly use talk pages to discuss things, which is great! Keep up the good work, and I look forward to continuing to work with you in the future. JFletcherTalk (formerly User:Biggest gta fan ever) 02:36, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
Hi IanPhoenix. You have been nominated for promotion to Administrator. Please edit your nomination page, indicating whether you accept the nomination. If you do accept, please answer the questions on that page. Other members may add further questions before I make the final decision over the course of the next week. Good luck! gboyers talk 21:49, 3 February 2013 (UTC)
- Congratulations, you have been promoted to Administrator! This has given you access to additional tools to be able to help keep this wiki running smoothly, such as deleting pages (where it is spam, vandalism or there is a consensus amongst users) and banning troublesome users (with adequate justification). Have an explore of Special:SpecialPages and get acquainted with your new tools. Feel free to ask me any questions you have! gboyers talk 22:40, 12 February 2013 (UTC)