| This is the talk page for User:MattyDienhoff. Please leave a message.
Always sign off your messages using four tildes (~~~~ ) to automatically add your signature.
Hello from GuildKnight!
Hi, and a very belated welcome to Grand Theft Wiki! Eganio brought to my attention your hard work on our wiki, and I've reviewed some of your edits. You definitely seem to be editing in good faith, and I thought I'd let you know that we have been considering whether adding a new Admin or two to the site will benefit the wiki. If that's something that would interest you, you may want to take a look at the Task List. These are some things that are taken care of on an ongoing basis to keep the wiki maintained and tidy. The quality of your edits, so far as I've seen, leaves nothing to be desired, so if these additional tasks are something you'd be willing to tackle every now and then, you may be considered for admin-ship. If not, please continue the great work you've been doing, and feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Most importantly, have fun! --GuildKnightTalk2me 04:38, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks! I appreciate the offer, but unfortunately I'm on something of an extended hiatus from the Wikia community right now (as a protest against the new ad layouts, eh, long story). If and when I return to active status I'll probably take you up on the offer, though.
- Thanks again for the welcome. --MattyDienhoff 07:28, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
Hi MattyDienhoff. You have been nominated to become a Moderator on Grand Theft Wiki. Firstly, please respond on the nomination page as to whether you accept the nomination. If you accept, please state why you would like to become a Moderator. Other users may ask you questions, so make sure you watch the nomination page so that you can respond quickly to questions. Make sure you fully understand the role of a Moderator, so that you can answer the questions effectively. A decision on your promotion will be made by a Manager over the next few weeks, so good luck! Gboyers talk 18:44, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
Congratulations, you have been promoted to the position of Moderator on Grand Theft Wiki. Your responsibilities are to ensure that the wiki runs smoothly, helping users that have problems, fixing urgent problems on the wiki, patrolling edits, being a first point of contact for questions, and spotting any problems with Policy. You now have the ability to move pages, protect talk pages, rollback edits, use the patrol system, and auto-patrol your edits. I will collate some instructions on these tools for you shortly. If you have any notices that affect or require multiple staff, please post these on the Staff Noticeboard. Please also familiarise yourself with the staff half of the Tasks list, and read up on any Policy that you are unfamilair with. Congratulations, and I look forward to working with you. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Gboyers talk 21:00, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, Gerard. :)
- My contributions page will be a bit quiet for a few days, as there are several other things occupying my attention right now, but I should be active again soon. Until then, I'll still be checking my emails regularly, so if you need anything from me leave me a message here. --MattyDienhoff 03:51, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
If you happened to notice, I posted a message on the Grand Theft Wiki:Staff Noticeboard about the Grand Theft Wiki:IRC/Staff subpage. If you don't mind, pop on over some time and fill out the times you might be available to join the IRC channel. We'd like to schedule a Staff IRC Meeting. Thanks! --GuildKnightTalk2me 04:33, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
- Done. Nice work on that page, adding the conversion table and all, very considerate! --MattyDienhoff «talk» 09:54, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi. If you took these screenshots that you uploaded, I like to know how you managed to do it. Some of them (like this one, and this) seemingly show as if they taken zoomed in (something GTA III and GTAVC are not capable of through my methods), which left me with the impression you were running the games in a higher resolution than 1280x1024. - ZS 12:34, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
- Hello. =) Yes, I took those two. I would have been running the game in 1600x1200 at the time, that's what I use in all games (whenever it's available). If the angle looks unusual, it's because I angle the camera downwards to get the player character out of the way. If that doesn't explain it, I don't know what would, because I don't have any special techniques otherwise. I hope that helps! --MattyDienhoff «talk» 12:41, 10 April 2009 (UTC)