Vapid is an American automotive company in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V. It is primarily based on Ford Motor Company, although some of its models resemble some of those made by Chevrolet, Dodge, Land Rover, and even the International Harvester/Navistar International. In parody of Ford's famous blue oval badge, Vapid's logo is a red oval. The word 'vapid' means 'dull' but also sounds similar to 'rapid,' a possible motivation for the use of the name. Vapid is one of the biggest car manufacturers in Grand Theft Auto IV, along with Declasse.
For at least the duration of the Minivan's production, Vapid maintained a relationship with Schyster, which is based on Chrysler. Schyster's Cabby taxicab appears to be a re-badged Vapid Minivan and features a "Limited Vapid Design" badge.
- Seen only as the light duty Utility Truck in GTA V.
- Car appears in Chinatown Wars in the GTA IV era.
- Cabby is rebadged as a Schyster vehicle.
- Consumer variant name revealed in GTA V.
- Vehicle appears in Frosting on the Cake, but is otherwise unobtainable.