- For the mission, see Verdant Meadows (mission).
Verdant Meadows is an abandoned airstrip in Bone County, San Andreas that is in use from time to time for 'Black Budget' operations by different factions of the U.S. Government. It is the location of Flight School - in which participation is a compulsory part of the core storyline. CJ buys the Verdant Meadows Airstrip when doing missions for Mike Toreno. The abandoned AC tower acts as a safehouse for the player. The airstrip includes a small garage on-site and a large hangar which acts as a garage to save aircraft in. While the hangar is very large, it can only store four vehicles. Verdant Meadows is based on aircraft boneyards.
The landing strip can be used to land aircraft like the other airports, and when acquired it shows up as a landing strip. However, there is a no-fly zone to the south, and flying over the area will result in a five star wanted level and surface to air missiles being fired at your aircraft.
- Hydra (after completing the mission Vertical Bird)
- Jetpack (available after the mission Black Project)
- Leviathan (after completing the mission Up, Up and Away!)
- Rustler (after completion of the Flight School with all bronze medals or higher achieved)
- Stunt Plane (after completion of the Flight School with all silver medals or higher achieved)
- Hunter (after completion of the Flight School with all gold medals achieved)
Note: When both the Hunter and Leviathan are unlocked, only one of them can spawn at a time. Arrive from the west to spawn the Hunter and arrive from the east to spawn the Leviathan.
Weapons and Pickups
- Body Armor - Located inside one of the aircraft fuselages on the north-central portion of the meadows
- Knife - Located near the Snake Farm
- Micro Uzi - Inside one of the aircraft fuselages near the southwesternmost aircraft
- The name "Verdant Meadows" means "full of green vegetation" but the airstrip is the opposite, implying that the name is a joke.
- Mike Toreno claims it previously belonged to Russians, implying that it might have been used as a place for spies of the former Soviet Union to spy on Area 69.
- The runway is flanked by dozens of plane wreckages. Given the proximity of the No-Fly area, it could be assumed that these wreckages are the remains of passenger jets that flew over the No-Fly area and were shot down. This is also supported by the fact that the base is directly south of the Airstrip. However, because the wrecks sit perfectly in "parking spaces" (so to speak), it's also possible that they were simply aircraft that were no longer needed (or usable) by the previous owner of the airfield, and thus were scrapped.
- The aircraft garage can store land vehicles, too. However, this only works on occasion.
- In the beta version, Verdant Meadows didn't exist.