Vice City in GTA IV Era
Vice City was one of the cities available in Grand Theft Auto 1 as well as being the main setting for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. It is reference extensively throughout the GTA III Era as well as being mentioned in Grand Theft Auto IV. The city is is based on the real world location of Miami, Florida. There are rumors that Vice City will be the destination for the next GTA game, but this has not been confirmed by Rockstar yet.
References in GTA IV
- It is advertised on billboards by FlyUS.
- Jerry Kapowitz found the Diamonds Niko Bellic and Patrick McReary were after, and plans to open a weapon and liquor store in Vice City.
- Lazlow of Integrity 2.0 also frequently refers to life in Vice City in the 1980s as he was a DJ on V-Rock during that time.
- In the mission Catch the Wave it is stated that the drugs at the boatyard were transported from Vice City.
- Roman Bellic states in a text to Niko Bellic that if they do the deal with Dimitri Rascalov, they could afford to take a private jet to Vice City.
- Sammy Bottino has criminal charges in Vice City
- For the Female Multiplayer model hat #3 can be obtained from rank 0; this hat states I ♥ VC, which is a refence to Vice City.
References in The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Yusuf Amir complains to Luis Fernando Lopez that he had to take a private jet to Vice City to bang prostitutes for "work".
- The exclusive radio station Vice City FM plays music from the 1980s.
- Vice City has it's name engraved in the USA Cities Wall inside the Rotterdam Tower starting in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
- Fernando Martinez makes a return from the GTA III Era to DJ for Vice City FM.
- Al Di Napoli lives in Vice City.
- During a conversation between Luis Lopez and Al Di Napoli, Al suggestes Luis and Gay Tony expand into Vice City. Luis responds by stating Vice City is just a retirement home by now.