GTA Vice City — GTA Vice City Stories
Between GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, the Virgo is depicted as a luxury two-door American coupe, resembling a 1977–1979 Mercury Cougar, combined with a 1977-1979 Lincoln Continental Mark V. The side windows, front end and bulge on the trunk resemble the Cougar; the taillights resemble those of the Continental Mark V, albeit with some lights missing. In terms of color choices, the Virgo may come with a variety of colors for the vinyl landau depending on the body color, including black, brown, cream, white, or in GTA Vice City Stories' case, the same matching color as the body's.
In GTA IV, the Virgo (with a Dundreary brand) has its main influences swapped, resembling more closely a 1977-1979 Mark V (minus the opera windows) with only headlights more similar to a 1977-1979 Cougar. The taillights are reminiscent of a 1979 Ford Thunderbird, the rear is also quite similar to the Remington from GTA San Andreas.
GTA Vice City — GTA Vice City Stories
In the GTA III Era, the Virgo possesses generally average performance credentials, with moderate acceleration, responsive steering, and a mediocre top speed. Its weight and crash endurance are unremarkable.
The Virgo in GTA IV is most likely powered by a high-output V6, coupled to a 5 speed gearbox in RWD configuration. Acceleration is very poor, due to its weight and underpowered engine. Top speed is adequate, though not exceptional - 135 km/h (84 mph). Handling is above average, with the Virgo cornering at full speed quite well; the suspension, however, is far too soft, often leading to heavy body roll and massive oversteer. Braking is slightly below average, and ABS is available, but not very common. Crash deformation is below average, as is engine build quality; it cannot survive many direct hits before failing. Overall, this vehicle is better suited to city cruising than high-speed applications.
In GTA IV, Little Jacob drives a uniquely colored maroon-and-black Virgo which he uses to deal and transport firearms from the trunk.
Little Jacob's Virgo is available to the player in "Concrete Jungle" and "Russian Revolution." In both missions, the player can take it to his parking space and complete the mission in another car. Little Jacob's Virgo is also seen at the unnamed Suffolk church in "Mr and Mrs Bellic", but is unobtainable as the game triggers a cutscene when the player nears the car.
- The Virgo cameos in a picture from Starkweather's mansion in Manhunt. Several safehouses in GTA San Andreas have the same picture hanging on the wall (the picture was originally a prerelease screenshot for GTA Vice City).
- The prerelease model for GTA Vice City was called the "Cougar", further indicating that the vehicle is based on a Mercury Cougar. The only difference between the "Cougar" prerelease vehicle and the regular Virgo is that the former retains the full set of taillights from the Lincoln Continental Mark V.
- On the Vice City official website, the Virgo is commented that every pimp must have one.
- in GTA IV, Virgo shares engine and horn sound with Buccaneer
- The Virgo plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- Virgo is a Latin word for The Virgin, meaning Virginity.
- GTA Vice City
It is advisable to drive around in a lower-end car to increase the chances of the car spawning.
- GTA San Andreas
- Sometimes found around east areas of Los Santos.
- Spawn more often once the Beater/Junk Car traffic cheat has been activated.
- Occasionally found around Rockshore West, Las Venturas.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- On a driveway in a housing complex just south from the Washington Mall construction site, Ocean Beach.
- In a parking lot near the east entrance of Escobar International Airport.
- GTA IV
- Spawn around Northwood, North Holland and East Holland, Algonquin.
- Spawn around Beechwood City/Schottler, Broker
- Spawn around Acter, Alderney.
- Spawn around Alderney City, Alderney.
- Prerelease screenshot of the Virgo in GTA Vice City