Weapons in The Lost and Damned
In The Lost and Damned, the first episode of Downloadable Content for Grand Theft Auto IV, six new weapons are introduced. While the existing weapons can be obtained from Terry's Gun Van, the underground gun shops, and the various spawn points throughout Liberty City, the new weapons can only either be bought from Terry or spawned at the second safehouse after completing a certain number of Gang Wars.
- Carrying Capacity: 25 Units (Note: If the player switches from one thrown weapon to another, the player will lose all units of the previous weapon.)
A crude homemade device that creates a large explosion. A pipe bomb behaves exactly like a grenade, as it can be cooked to shorten its detonation timer. It is especially effective when thrown into the midst of a large number of enemies or rolled under a vehicle.
Assault Shotgun (Armsel Striker)
- Magazine Size: 8 shells
- Carrying Capacity: 250 shells (Note: If the player switches from the Assault Shotgun to any other shotgun, the player will lose all shells beyond the carrying capacity of the new weapon.)
Also referred to as a "street sweeper"., this shotgun is fully automatic, firing rounds constantly. It takes out vehicles or multiple small targets easily and quickly. The Assault Shotgun has the highest ammunition carrying capacity of all of the shotguns in TLAD.
- Magazine Size: 2 shells
- Carrying Capacity: 160 shells (Note: If the player switches from the Sawn-off Shotgun to either the Pump Shotgun or Combat Shotgun, the player will lose all shells beyond the standard 80 shell cap.)
This short-barreled shotgun produced a deadly wide range, especially devastating at close range. It automatically reloads the two shells it fires. This weapon can be used from a motorcycle.
Automatic 9mm (CZ-75)
- Magazine Size: 17 rounds
- Carrying Capacity: 1200 rounds (Note: If the player switches from either the Standard Pistol or Combat Pistol to the Auto-9, the player will lose all rounds beyond the 1200 round cap for the Auto-9.)
With one pull of the trigger, this 17-round 9mm shoots constant rounds at a high rate of fire. Very accurate, its speed makes it ideal for drive-bys if the player lacks an SMG.
Grenade Launcher (Heckler and Koch HK69A1)
- Magazine Size: 1 grenade
- Carrying Capacity: 20 grenades (Note: If the player switches from the RPG to the Grenade Launcher or vice-versa, the player will lose all ammo for the previous weapon.)
The grenade launcher fires grenades with more accuracy, higher velocity and to greater distances than a person throwing it by hand. It only holds a single grenade, and so must be reloaded after each shot, but it is exceptionally effective. The player must arc his/her shots (aim higher than the target) when engaging long-range targets. Grenades fired from the launcher detonate on a fuse and may be launched at and bounced off of walls and around corners to fire at tricky targets.
- Wep 1.jpg
Johnny Klebitz tossing a Pipe Bomb.
- Wep 2.jpg
Johnny with a Sawed-off Shotgun.
- Wep 3.jpg
Johnny shooting a Sawed-off Shotgun while riding his Hexer.
- Wep 5.jpg
Terry Thorpe delivering weapons to Johnny and the gang.