Rear quarter view)|
A Yakuza Stinger in GTA III.
GTA III |
GTA Liberty City Stories
|Also known as||Yakuza (during GTA III development)|
|Vehicle type||Gang car|
|Body style||2-door sports car|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
The Yakuza Stinger is the Yakuza customized gang car. The car appears in the three Liberty City based games: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto Advance (as the Yakuza) and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. Prior to the release of GTA III, the car was also known as the "Yakuza"; this name remains in use on the official Rockstar North website.
The Yakuza Stinger is a variant of the Stinger, sporting a red and white paintjob in GTA III and a red and baby blue paintjob in GTA Liberty City Stories, as well as an additional spoiler. It also appears only in hardtop form, as opposed to the regular Stinger, which is depicted as rag-top convertible with or without the top up.
Performance-wise, its speed is considerably moderate by sports car standards, coupled with stable handling and good grip. The Yakuza Stinger in GTA III is also all-wheel-drive, like the conventional Stinger. The GTA Liberty City Stories rendition only has rear wheel drive.
In GTA Advance, the player can receive Asuka Kasen's Yakuza (dubbed the "Asukamobile") in the mission "Down The River." To get the car the player needs to complete the mission with at least 19 Mafia thugs. The car has an unique metallic blue color, and it handles much better than the normal Yakuza. It is the second fastest vehicle in the game along with the FBI Car, their maximum speed is 187 MPH. If the player gets the car to a Pay 'n' Spray it will lose its unique color. It is impossible to store the vehicle until the end of the game, since the player can't use garages to store vehicles.
- The default radio station for Yakuza Stinger in GTA III is Lips 106. In GTA Liberty City Stories, it is MSX 98.
- Strangely, the Yakuza Stinger is substantially heavier at 1400 kilograms than the normal Stinger, which is 1000 kilograms. This affects both acceleration and handling negatively, making this the only gang vehicle that is actually slower than the car it is based on.
- Oddly, in GTA III, the Yakuza Stinger emits horn and engine noises used on normal cars, when regular Stingers use horn and engine sounds tailored for sports cars.
- GTA III
- In Asuka Kasen's condo parking lot in Newport, Staunton Island. There will be 2 of them; one near the entrance to the porch, another near the main entrance of the building.
- Car park of the AmCo building in Torrington, Staunton Island
- Kenji's Casino in Torrington, Staunton Island (sometimes locked)
- Staunton Plaza in Fort Staunton, Staunton Island (after Grand Theft Aero). There will be 3 Yakuza Stingers; 2 in front of the 2nd building that houses a health and armor pickup, and another near the lift.
- The vehicle also spawns anywhere in Torrington.
- GTA Liberty City Stories