Forum:Gboyers, How did you?
Gboyers, How did you?
I've looked all around your wiki short of sifting through and checking the history, how did you get that wonderful banner image across you site? I'm working on one for the Jurassic Park wiki and would love the info on how to make it work. If you could at least point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated.--My Name Is Tom 06:58, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
I left this for you in the forums, but i decided to leave it here just in case you missed it. BTW, we share a love for GTA games i have 6 of them, and it looks like you have plenty of help, so you don't need mine, but could i get yours?--My Name Is Tom 21:45, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- If you're good with CSS, then it's fairly straightforward. All my CSS is at MediaWiki:Monaco.css, so if you copy the relevant bits into your monaco.css, then that would be a good start (obviously you'd need to change the images etc). However, if you're struggling, if you make the images I'd be happy to set up the CSS for you. Gboyers talk 21:52, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, you're awesome. I'm glad you moved your site over to wikia, but did you think it would cause you to have to deal with less intelegent people like me? Again thanks for the help, i think i should be able to figure it out from here. I'll send you the link when i'm done to see what you think. Luv the site.--My Name Is Tom 22:08, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- Haha - there are much worse people than you around, trust me. It's all good fun though. But good luck - let me know how it goes. Gboyers talk 22:11, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
Speaking of discussions not ending.... I was able to create a banner to the same specs as yours, but i was only able to view the source of the .css, i'm not sure if i missed anything or put all the right info in. I also updated the wiki.png and created the MediaWiki:Monaco.css. In that, the only things i changed from yours was removed the admin info with colors, and changed the banner link. I've refreshed and purged the Main page, but to no avail. I'd like to change the colors as well to a black BG but keep the Jade Wikia & More logos, but i don't know how to find the links to those files. Thanks again for the help.--10px My Name Is Tom (Talk / Edits) 06:27, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
- If you can't edit the MediaWiki namespace, you need to be a Bureaucrat. If you are a bureaucrat and still can't access it, speak to Wikia staff about it and they can set the permissions for your wiki. Basic styling (colours) is all listed at w:c:help:Help:Customizing_Monaco. Gboyers talk 09:30, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
- It's done. Check it out. I was able to access the MediaWiki as an admin. The problem was I couldnt switch it to Custom monaco, the Bureaucrat there had to. I didnt realize i had to do that untill you sent me the second link. Now if anyone asks again you can reference this exchange, or send them my way , i'll gladly pay it forward. Thanks again for all the help.--30px My Name Is Tom (Talk / Edits) 22:53, 10 June 2009 (UTC)