Grand Theft Auto V
Jump to navigation Jump to search
| This article concerns a future game or content that is unreleased.
Some details may be speculative, and may not turn out to be correct.
|The GTA V trailer can now be viewed at the Rockstar Games website|
Official Information about GTA V
- Rockstar Games has released a trailer for GTA V, showing the location of the game will revisit the state of San Andreas, which includes Los Santos, the city based on Los Angeles.
- The teaser image shown on the Rockstar Games website on 25 October 2011 shows a "V" logo with "FIVE" written over it. This is the same motif as used on some US 5 dollar notes from around 1900. This could represent a game surrounding money, bank heists, casinos or even the financial crisis.
Hints and guesses about GTA V
A number of possible clues have been found in previous GTA games and elsewhere to indicate what may be the setting and content of GTA V. Fans have also made a number of educated guesses.
- Gaming blog Kotaku quoted a source "familiar with" GTA V stating that the game will be set in Los Angeles (which was previously featured as Los Santos in GTA San Andreas, and also in Rockstar's crime-solving game LA Noire) and would have multiple playable characters (just as TLAD and BOGT brought new characters and stories to the game).
- On page thirteen of the Episodes from Liberty City guide book, there's a teaser that shows a broken heart made of the GTA IV box art and says "Liberty City, It's Over!" followed by "Next Stop..." and a small torn area that shows another poster behind, later revealed to be an advert for Mollis. The torn area has been noted as being in the shape of France. It also says in the right lower corner in a red box "Opens March Everywhere".
- According to reports, Rockstar Games recently registered new website domains that sound like they could belong to GTA 5's in-game Internet, assuming the game inherits the feature from GTA IV. The domains are: CashForDeadDreams.com, SixFigureTemps.com, StopPayingYourMortgage.net, HammersteinFaust.com, and LifeInvader.com.
- On the Rockstar Games Social Club in the GTA IV Story Gang section, there is an Air Sol plane ticket that was apparently purchased by Niko Bellic to fly from Liberty City to San Andreas.
- Take-Two Interactive revealed they are expecting at least $2.00 per share for the first quarter of fiscal year 2012. The last time this happened was during the release of GTA IV, which reached $2.08 per share. Income only reached $1.06 per share during the release of Red Dead Redemption, and is projected to only reach $0.35 for the current fiscal year. It is expected that only a GTA game is able to bring this level of success to T2, which implies one must be planned for release in fiscal year 2012.
- Vice City in GTA IV Era & San Andreas in GTA IV Era - References to previous games/locations in the GTA IV era
- Community: GTA V Wishlist - the Grand Theft Wiki Community's suggestions on what to be included in GTA V.
- Community:GTA IV Gripes - the community's flaws and problems with GTA IV.
- Content Changes - content that was cut or changed before the GTA games were released.