Rear quarter view)|
An Idaho in GTA III.
GTA Vice City
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories]]
|Also known as||Hachura (development in GTA III)|
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door coupe|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
| name = Idaho
| aka = Hachura (development in GTA III)
| front_image = Idaho-GTAIII-front.jpg
| image_size = 300
| caption = An Idaho in GTA III
| rear_image = Idaho-GTAIII-rear.jpg
| vehicle_type = Civilian car
| body_style = 2-door coupe
| capacity = 2 (driver and passenger)
| appearances = [[Grand Theft Auto III|GTA III]]
Depicted as a large, two-door 1970s coupe with a soft-top, the Idaho's styling contains elements of a fourth generation Buick Riviera but the front is closer to a 1975/'76 Chevy Caprice (with added turning signals). The GTA Advance rendition is depicted with a dimension dissimilar to that of other Idaho's, with a shorter front end and a smoother front profile, but retaining a different top color.
The Idaho has looked virtually the same in most game it has appeared in, with noticeable tweaks and changes in minor details, mainly on its wheels and windscreens. The GTA Vice City rendition, in particular, received better detailing, but the game's rendition was not carried over to GTA Vice City Stories, as it has been for most other vehicles from GTA Vice City. Instead, GTA Vice City Stories reuses GTA III's or GTA Liberty City Stories' rendition of the Idaho.
During development of GTA III, the Idaho was named the "Hachura", a name previously used for another car in Grand Theft Auto 2. Furthermore, one of the two rusty/burned out car wrecks that can be seen in most of the GTA III generation games use a similar model as the beta version of the GTA III Idaho.
A "Hachura" wreck in GTA III, similar to the beta Hachura (Rear quarter view).
GTA III (Rear quarter view).
GTA Vice City (Rear quarter view).
A wrecked Idaho in GTA San Andreas.
GTA Liberty City Stories (Rear quarter view).
GTA Vice City Stories (Rear quarter view).
Due to its heavy build and soft suspension, the Idaho lacks serious performance credentials, with poor speed and steering. In GTA III though, it has some of the best brakes in the game, being one of the only two vehicles that scrapes the front bumper on the ground under full braking (the other being the FBI Kuruma). This places the car at a standing that is even lower than that of an Esperanto, but is still faster than a Manana. The crusher scrap value of the car in GTA Advance is $512.
- The Idaho is the only car featured in 5 out of 6 GTA III era games, lacking a driveable version in GTA San Andreas.
- GTA III
- The Supa Save! in Portland View, Portland.
- The Old School Hall in Chinatown, Portland.
- Parking lot next to the Liberty City Memorial Stadium in Belleville Park, Staunton Island.
- Kenji's Casino in Torrington, Staunton Island.
- GTA Vice City
- Is seen driving around or parked in Downtown Vice City.
- Car park, North Point Mall in Vice Point.
- Many of the Idaho's Wrecks can be found in Little Havana and Little Haiti.
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- In an alleyway south of the Staunton Island Safehouse, south-west of Pay 'n' Spray in Newport, Staunton Island.
- In the parking garage next to the Staunton Island Safehouse.
- In the Newport Multistory Car Park in Newport, Staunton Island.
- Parking lot of the Liberty Tree offices in Bedford Point, Staunton Island.
- Big Shot Casino in Torrington, Staunton Island.
- Eastern housing project in Wichita Gardens, Shoreside Vale.
- Western housing project in Wichita Gardens, Shoreside Vale.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- In front of all protection racket businesses.
- Occasionally found in parking lot of Vice Point Mall in Vice Point.