|Appearances||[[Appearance::Grand Theft Auto IV]]|
|Full Name||Katie McReary|
|Date of Birth||1980|
|Place of Birth||Dukes, Liberty City|
|Date of Death||[[Error: Invalid time.|2008 (in Revenge, Age 28, noncanonical)]][[DOD::2008 (in Revenge, Age 28, noncanonical)| ]]|
|Age at Death|
Maureen McReary (Mother)|
Mr. McReary (Father)
Patrick McReary (Brother)
Francis McReary (Brother)
Gerald McReary (Brother)
Derrick McReary (Brother)
|Businesses||Dukes community centre office worker|
|Voiced by||Mary Donnelly|
|image = KateMcReary-GTAIV.jpg
|size = 180px
|games = [[Grand Theft Auto IV]]
|name = Katie McReary
|aka = Kate
|gender = F
|dob = 1980
|pob = [[Dukes]], [[Liberty City in GTA IV|Liberty City]]
|dod = [] (in [[GTA IV Endings#Revenge|Revenge]], Age 28, noncanonical)
|home = [[Liberty City in GTA IV|Liberty City]]
|nationality = Irish-[[United States|American]]
|family = [[Maureen McReary]] (Mother)
Katie 'Kate' McReary (Irish: Mac Ruairi) is a 28-year old potential love interest of Grand Theft Auto IV protagonist Niko Bellic. She is the sister of Patrick, Francis, Gerald and Derrick McReary, and the daughter and youngest child of Maureen and Mr. McReary. At first, Packie tells Niko to stay away from her, but later encourages Niko to go out with Kate. She holds traditional values, and according to Patrick, "she won't put out". Despite this, you are still given the option to try and join Kate inside.
According to Patrick, Kate witnessed several bloody fights between her brothers; seeing Gerry beating Francis was a traumatic childhood experience for her (she was in therapy for quite a while). Over time she has apparently become accustomed to living close to violent crime, liking Niko despite disapproving of his lifestyle. In extreme contrast to all his sons, Mr. McReary had an excellent relationship with Kate and was pretty much never angry at her. She plays a pivotal role at the end of GTA IV's story.
Kate is a bit more complicated to date than the other girlfriends. She prefers Niko to wear clothing from Modo, despite many people believing that she prefers clothing from the Russian Shop. Her activities are also limited as well, seeing as how she does not like to go bowling, or see a show at both Perestroika and Split Sides. As stated before, no matter how many times you try to "try your luck" at the end of a date, you'll never be invited inside because she only considers Niko to be a friend.
Kate's conversations with Niko, after getting her drunk, will eventually reveal that she knew that her father was molesting her brothers. She doesn't explicitly state the her father was a child molester but she does cry that she knew what he was doing to her brothers. One may deduce at first that she knew their father was beating the boys however once Packie reveals that their father molested both him and Gerry one can conclude she knew her father was molesting her brothers but kept quiet since her father did not molest her. She thinks her brothers' bad and illegal behaviors are a means to rebel against their father.
Cars Kate Likes:
Restaurants/Bars Kate Likes:
- 69th Street Diner or any other diner.
- Burger Shot
- Cluckin' Bell
- Steinway Beer Garden
- Comrades Bar
- Lucky Winkles
- Jerkov's Bar
Venues Kate Likes:
Depending on the players choice of ending, Kate will be gone in the mission Mr and Mrs Bellic (Non-Canonical)
If the "Deal" option is chosen, Kate berates Niko for doing the deal, and does not attend the wedding. After Niko kills Dimitri to avenge Roman, Kate calls him, telling him that she heard of his cousin's death, and will be there for him.
- Kate has never committed a crime or misdemeanor. This is confirmed from main missions & dating side missions dialogue, as well as not having a record in the LCPD Database.
- Kate is the youngest of the McReary Family.
- Kate works in a Community Centre in Dukes.
- Kate accepts that her brother's deaths would be any sooner.
- If she is killed and dated again due to the glitch, she acts as if nothing happened.
- Kate's most favourite radio station is The Vibe 98.8.
- Packie informs Niko upon first meeting Kate that she won't "put out" and this is confirmed as even when Kate likes Niko 100% you fail when attempting to "try your luck"
- Her first name is actually Katie. When Packie arranges for Niko to "date" Kate he says, "I'm saying, would you take my sister, Katie, out for a drink or something?" He will later address Kate by her given name a final time after the Revenge ending during a phonecall to Niko.
- If you don't call Kate to set a first date it's possible that she will call Niko to arrange the first date. When she calls she will say, "Niko, hi. It's Katie, Patrick's sister" and she'll ask him out.
- If the "Revenge" option is chosen and Kate is killed, Roman will call Niko to tell him that he and Mallorie are expecting a baby, and that if it is a girl then they will call it Kate after Kate McReary.
- If the "Revenge" option is chosen, Kate dies at Roman's wedding. However, there is a glitch where she may still call Niko from time to time as Unknown Caller to make a date. As her contact is deleted from the phonebook, she cannot be called back. Occasionally she may also call Niko after she has died to tell him that She is going away, and that she is angry with him, all the diologue is actually from the Deal ending, however it is just a bug.